“Many to choose from, pick another!”

Comfort Inn Concord
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stay at alot of this chain's hotels. I have to say this is one of the WORST we have stayed at. We were up there for my step father's funeral, and had 3 rooms rented.

Check in was great, very friendly and efficient. Got to the room and had problems with the heat (2) rooms had that issue. Finally got it straight by next day. Our room had the carpet "bunched" up in several spots, where I tripped over it constantly. Bedspread had stains all over it :( :(

We then asked for a wake-up call the day of the services. Of course I was awake way before hand. The wake up call never came. I had watched the clerk enter in the wake up call, so I knew it had been done, but wondered if maybe the wrong room? I go down to the front desk and inform them that I did not receive the wake up call, although I know it had been taken care of. The clerk went over to the machine and said "You got the call". I said no we did not, and there are only my husband and myself in this room. He said "you did get the call and the machine states it was answered and the machine does not lie"! YIKES. Implying I was lying :(. Our phone never did work right, could not receive any incoming calls.

The 3rd room was confirmed non smoking, king. Got non smoking double beds. After a long travel at 10PM was not worth arguing.

Breakfast was not so great, the eggs looked like they had sat there for days :(

WIFI was extremely slow.

I could have really overlooked all of this had it not been for the rudeness of the staff. I wish we had booked elsewhere and given our $ 600+ dollars to a hotel that would have appreciated its guests!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Susan O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write and let us know the issues that you had with your stay. Please let me assure you that what you experienced is not the norm for our staff and your concerns have been addressed.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Concord

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I called to ask if they had anything vegan for breakfast and was told, "No, we don't cater to vegans." I asked if they at least had soy milk, and he said no, they would only have some "cereal grains." Other hotels at least have some kind of plant milk, which is so easy to do. I guess I won't stay here.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ipoipo2
Susan O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Let me apologize for our lack of vegan choices on our breakfast bar. With so many dietary restrictions, it is difficult to be able to cater to all of our guest's needs. I will address this with our manager and perhaps we will be able to better accommodate in the future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was a great way to relax after a long day's drive. The hotel staff were so welcoming and friendly and the rooms were nice. There were plenty of places to eat nearby with discounts through hotel reception. The area is very safe and parking lots seemed secure at night. I would highly recommend this hotel for travelers.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Susan O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a kind review. We pride ourselves on our friendly staff and are always happy to hear that they helped you to have a relaxing stay
Thank you! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

2nd stay at this hotel...Last year it was adequately good...This time VERY GOOD. The place seemed refreshed and new. Well lit and inviting lobby and dining area with big TV. Everything was clean including our room which looked recently updated. The free breakfast was very nice and included scrambled eggs and make-them-yourself Belgium waffles. The staff was friendly. Close-by parking. Easy access off the highway. Great launching point in AM to go skiing at Waterville, Loon or Bretton Woods. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Susan O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

It is great to hear when people return and have an even better experience than they did the first time they were here. Thank you for the kind words.
We appreciate that you noticed the improvements we've been working on. The hotel has been going through a bit of renovation and it's exciting that people notice. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

A very welcoming reception, a most comfortable room, super breakfasts, a guest laundry (must purchase detergent at reception) and a lovely pool which also welcomes locals with membership. We headed down and met in the spa a lovely 82+ yr. old local woman who shared some lovely conversation with us as her family enjoyed the pool. Charming! Got a good recommendation for dinner our first night (Beefside, if I recall correctly), made our stay delightful (except for the $20 parking ticket on the 'main' street downtown, which was our own doing) (the woman at the pool fussed about how to recover it for us, but it was our bad, and deserved). Just a lovely experience, and as we had used a coupon from one of the booklets ubiquitous in rest stops, we hadn't 1) expected the reduced rate to apply to both nights, and 2) expected the stay to accept our Choice hotels promotion, so were blown away by the value we received. Would stay again if we're back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Susan O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am glad to hear you had such a positive experience while you were here at the hotel and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

The hotel is one of three in a row bordering the interstate and is a real stand-out, architecturally, looking rather like an oversize, modern chalet. Nicely landscaped grounds. Rooms are more like one would expect at a Hilton, quite large, clean, well insulated from sound. Beds are comfortable with thin duvets -- and double sheeted to protect the duvet. Bathroom was nicely done with dresser-style vanity. Staff were very friendly. They also have menus and discount coupons for local restaurants and I chose "Beefside" which was only about a mile away and very good (try their BBQ). Considering that I paid $55 with a coupon (+$15 for my dog -- booo) I figure that I got a very good deal.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Susan O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I'm happy that you were able to take advantage of the discount for dinner at Beefside.
We truly appreciate your kind words and are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed for 1 night here while passing through. The hotel itself wasn't bad but we stayed in room 217 and I would NOT reccommend that particular room. The room itself was nicely appointed with a whirlpool tub and double sinks in the bathroom, but it was right over the pool. And I literally mean the pool room was underneath us. All afternoon and evening long we had to listen to the shrieks and hollers of the children in the pool below. The noises were very loud too, you didn't have to strain to hear them. I'm not faulting the children for having a good time, but if the hotel is going to have the pool that close to the rooms they need to put in some sort of soundproofing. The girl at the front desk wasn't very helpful or apologetic when my boyfriend went down to inquire about another room either. We ended up staying there hoping the noise would die down eventually (which it did) but if you're looking for a relaxing afternoon/evening as we were (and you'd think people getting a room with a whirlpool tub would want to relax) I would stay away from room 217!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mdichica
Susan O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am sorry that your relaxation was interrupted by the noise traveling into your room and I'm glad that things did finally settle down.
That particular room is the only one of its type in the building so sadly there would not have been a comparable room to move you into. I apologize that you felt the desk was not helpful and did not at the time offer a solution.