“Solid Performance all Round”

Comfort Inn Concord
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed December 29, 2012

A very welcoming reception, a most comfortable room, super breakfasts, a guest laundry (must purchase detergent at reception) and a lovely pool which also welcomes locals with membership. We headed down and met in the spa a lovely 82+ yr. old local woman who shared some lovely conversation with us as her family enjoyed the pool. Charming! Got a good recommendation for dinner our first night (Beefside, if I recall correctly), made our stay delightful (except for the $20 parking ticket on the 'main' street downtown, which was our own doing) (the woman at the pool fussed about how to recover it for us, but it was our bad, and deserved). Just a lovely experience, and as we had used a coupon from one of the booklets ubiquitous in rest stops, we hadn't 1) expected the reduced rate to apply to both nights, and 2) expected the stay to accept our Choice hotels promotion, so were blown away by the value we received. Would stay again if we're back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Susan O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am glad to hear you had such a positive experience while you were here at the hotel and we look forward to seeing you next time!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Concord

Reviewed December 4, 2012

The hotel is one of three in a row bordering the interstate and is a real stand-out, architecturally, looking rather like an oversize, modern chalet. Nicely landscaped grounds. Rooms are more like one would expect at a Hilton, quite large, clean, well insulated from sound. Beds are comfortable with thin duvets -- and double sheeted to protect the duvet. Bathroom was nicely done with dresser-style vanity. Staff were very friendly. They also have menus and discount coupons for local restaurants and I chose "Beefside" which was only about a mile away and very good (try their BBQ). Considering that I paid $55 with a coupon (+$15 for my dog -- booo) I figure that I got a very good deal.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Susan O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I'm happy that you were able to take advantage of the discount for dinner at Beefside.
We truly appreciate your kind words and are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed for 1 night here while passing through. The hotel itself wasn't bad but we stayed in room 217 and I would NOT reccommend that particular room. The room itself was nicely appointed with a whirlpool tub and double sinks in the bathroom, but it was right over the pool. And I literally mean the pool room was underneath us. All afternoon and evening long we had to listen to the shrieks and hollers of the children in the pool below. The noises were very loud too, you didn't have to strain to hear them. I'm not faulting the children for having a good time, but if the hotel is going to have the pool that close to the rooms they need to put in some sort of soundproofing. The girl at the front desk wasn't very helpful or apologetic when my boyfriend went down to inquire about another room either. We ended up staying there hoping the noise would die down eventually (which it did) but if you're looking for a relaxing afternoon/evening as we were (and you'd think people getting a room with a whirlpool tub would want to relax) I would stay away from room 217!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mdichica
Susan O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am sorry that your relaxation was interrupted by the noise traveling into your room and I'm glad that things did finally settle down.
That particular room is the only one of its type in the building so sadly there would not have been a comparable room to move you into. I apologize that you felt the desk was not helpful and did not at the time offer a solution.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

as expected of a confort inn, fridge, microwave, clean, staff is another story, left my discount coupon book on counter at check in by mistake, came back to get it and it had been throwed in garbage, they were not busy, they knew who it belonged to, only was an hour since i checked in, thought that was a little rude, hot breakfast was good

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Susan O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay and our hot breakfast. I do apologize if you felt our team did not live up to expectation. Please be assured that your concerns have been addressed.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Very pleasant and updated public areas and rooms except the wooden dressers, table, chair and headboards which, while looking old and out of place but didn’t effect our stay. Most important things like beds, flat screen TV, wifi, bathroom were very contemporary, clean and comfortable. The only other exceptions were that the AC/heat unit in our room was old and didn’t work very well, but well enough since weather was mild. Also, there were some stains on the carpet that look like they needed to be addressed. Front desk folks were friendly and helpful and we are thankful that they are dog-friendly. I don’t mind paying “pet fees” and staying in designated “pet rooms” but I felt that the fees weren’t being used well to keep the room up. We go to great lengths to make sure our dog doesn’t do anything detrimental to the room and this is the first time I’ve noticed any issue with a “pet” room.

Room Tip: Based on other reviews it sounds like some rooms are more updated than others. You may want to ask a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Susan O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. As an older property it can sometimes be a challenge to keep rooms up to date. You'll be happy to hear that we are currently renovating our heating system and all of our rooms are getting new heating / AC units. Hopefully this will go a long way in solving the issues that you had.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Very friendly, the young lady at reception could not do enough for us. Yes this is a typical comfort inn I found it clean and comfortable and a good price. Breakfast was thrown in too. Three of us for just over $100 is value in my books.
I use this site to make my decision, the negatives on here, ok! You want a 5 star go stay at one! Cudos to the replies from the manager, says they are genuine for your business.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Susan O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know we are doing well.

Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

We signed up for this hotel sight unseen via Hotwire. A two queen sized smoking room (we don't smoke) Was around $105 For the night. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and all in all it wasn't too bad an experience.
On the downside, the plumbing is very noisy- you can hear water running pretty distinctly in other rooms. In addition the free breakfast was not too bad, with strange disc shaped egg and bacon pieces and an awkward cereal dispenser, but I've seen far worse. As with many other hotels, both more and less expensive, the doors all slam and it indicates that door closers are c
considered too expensive to install.

• Stayed: October 2012
Susan O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for your comments, I'm glad that you felt your bed was comfortable. I do apologize for the noise, some weekends are busier than others and we were quite full while you were here.
We appreciate your stay with us and hope to see you again sometime.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Best Western Concord Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Concord/Bow
Days Inn Concord
Days Inn Concord
#8 of 8 in Concord

Been to Comfort Inn Concord? Share your experiences!