“Not as good as expected.”

Granite Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Granite Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 159 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Enjoy New American cooking from Chef Corey Fletcher and his talented team. Granite offers seasonal menus influenced with French, Mediterranean, and Asian style using local New England products whenever possible! Granite Restaurant & Bar is located within The Centennial Hotel. With seating for 75 people, and private function space it creates an intimate escape for any occasion. The historic Centennial Hotel (renovated in 2006) offers a modern, urban-contemporary flair within a beautiful Queen Anne Victorian landmark. The property’s original architectural charms have been carefully preserved, while modern hotel enhancements and amenities have been provided each of its 32 spacious guestrooms: large desks/work areas, wireless internet access, wonderful pillow-top beds and rich bedding ensembles, hi-thread linens and plush terry, flat-screen HD TV’s, even mini-bars. Proudly offering nightly turndown service, your guests will be surprised and delighted during each and every stay.
NH
“Not as good as expected.”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was my second visit to the restaurant, both for business purpose. Both times I leave thinking that for such a nice restaurant, the food should be better, it should be superb. When I am spending ~$50 for appetizer (calamari), and half dinner entree (scallop), and desert, it should be superb. Out of my food, I was most disappointed with the calamari, it just wasn't great, and I had so many better ones before. Scallops were great, you get three for half dinner entree. I feel like if they served food like this in a less fancy restaurant, I would probably say the food was great, but with such 'fancy, upscale' restaurant, the food should be better. Personally, I probably won't return again, even though I will return for business.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank mjczoey
Granite_96, General Manager at Granite Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit to Granite Restaurant & Bar. We appreciate your business. We want you to be absolutely thrilled with your entire experience when you come and dine with us. We strive to provide the best product and service in the Concord area. I hope that you will reconsider another visit with us.

New England
“Good food, loud atmosphere”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Our group had dinner on a Saturday night. We arrived earlier than our reservation and were pleasantly accommodated right away. The dining room filled up fast. The food was very good and fresh. A few of us had the swordfish which was very good, although mine was a touch dry and not as hot it could have been. Another of our group had short ribs which was excellent. Chicken also very good. We tried Bananas Bignette for dessert which was delicious. The Citrus,Cashew and Goat Cheese salad was delicious and very fresh.

They offer full and half orders. We were very glad that we didn't get half orders. The full size swordfish was 6 oz, the half order is 3 oz. But nice that they offer this for those with smaller appetites.

The wine list is huge. They had our favorite Pig's Ear Ale from the Woodstock Inn Brewery.

The service was good, but a bit slow. We waited a long time in between courses. We found the dining room to be very pleasant to the eye but the acoustics are poor. We like a quiet dining experience but it was very loud, taking away from the ambiance.

• Visited March 2013
Granite_96, General Manager at Granite Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent dining experience at the Granite Restaurant & Bar. I am happy to hear that you and your guests had a chance to sample many delicious items on our menu. We are lucky to have an extensive wine list and I a thrilled to hear that we had one of your favorites ales available during your visit with us. We were very busy on Saturday night, hence the noise. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Tilton, New Hampshire
“Great lunch and service”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Heard much about the Granite at the Centennial Hotel. We stopped in for lunch and I was going to see if I was impressed. I was. The menu is small, buit inviting. Our choices of calamari appetizer, an open face beef sandwich w/haricot vert and the Rueben w/fries were just right. They were well executed and of perfect size.

The server, Quincy, was excellent, professional, warm and precise. My wife and I felt right at home on our first visit. It will not be the last. Thanks to all @ the Granite.

Oh yes, the White Birch Ale was terrific.

• Visited February 2013
Granite_96, General Manager at Granite Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
It is great to hear that you had a chance to visit our Restaurant for lunch and had a wonderful experience! We are open for Breakfast, Lunch (except on Saturday's) and Dinner daily and we serve Brunch on Sunday's from 7 AM to 2:30 PM. We look forward to your next visit.
Manchester, New Hampshire
“delicious meal for Valentine's Day”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

recently enjoyed a wonderful meal here, actually day after Valentine's. Food was wonderful, my husband had osso buco that he raved about. Salmon was excellent as well. The salad selection was great as well. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

• Visited February 2013
Granite_96, General Manager at Granite Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent dining experience at the Granite Restaurant. I am happy to hear that you enjoy our seasonal menu selections. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit with us.
Concord, New Hampshire
“A neighborhood gem”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We love to walk to this restaurant from our home. Love the seasonal menus- which brings in local and seasonal options whenever possible. If you are looking for a lighter meal it is easy to get 1/2 portions and make a meal of their yummy appetizers.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Carol S
I am so glad to hear, not only do you enjoy eating at the Granite Restaurant, but that you are also our neighbor! Our owners have always said that they want to be the restaurant where the neighbors would walk over or even ride their bike over to visit us. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit with us!