“Very Nice Place”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Miami, Florida
“Very Nice Place”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Arriving in the area, it seemed like a commerce/business area. Not many residential areas. Once at the hotel, the friendly helpful staff immediately made it seem like one was in some far off vacation destination. The room was immaculate, and nicely appointed. Comfortable king size bed, very clean bathroom/shower. An absolute thumbs up!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWConcordNH, Manager at Best Western Concord Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
John,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We appreciate the positive feedback and I will be sure to pass you compliments on to our staff.

Leon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Vernon Rockville, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at Best Western in New Hampshire and Lancaster, Pennsylvania. The single drawback is an indifferent attitude in assisting people with their luggage at both arrival and departure. The front desk should be ready to assist, especially when the guest request a wheelchair accessible room at the time of reservation.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWConcordNH, Manager at Best Western Concord Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
I am sorry that you felt we were unable to provide you with the assistance that you needed. Because we are a limited service property there is usually only one person on the Front Desk at any given time, which makes it hard for us to provide the services you would find at a full service hotel. If someone requests luggage assistance we will gladly help, but there may be a delay if the phones are ringing or other guests are waiting. If you notify us of your needs in advance we will be better prepared to assist you.

Maryland USA
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed here for the September NASCAR race and we certainly paid the $ price! Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Stephanie! Breakfast person was also friendly and helpful!
Despite the hotel personnel doing their best, the rooms need some updating. I stayed on the top (3rd) floor and although I prefer the top floor for the quiet, the floor featured smoking rooms and the ice machine in the hallway by the elevator was making the hallway unbearable due to the heat. I broke a sweat just walking to the elevator!
Pillows were very uncomfortable. HVAC worked well. The two sinks in the room had some sort of energy saving spout which takes the water and makes it like a shower head! Not suitable to fill a cup of water easily. Water pressure and hot water were fine. Shower stall clean but does not allow one to place the bar of soap easily without it falling down and cracking on the shower floor. Hotel has a nice business computer with a printer. Plenty of parking. Wish the area hotels did not gouge NASCAR fans but they all do it! And get rid of the smoking rooms it is 2013.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I am sorry to hear about some of the issues you had during your stay. I know there was an issue with the 3rd floor hallways AC unit that week which has since been resolved. Pillows are a challenge because everyone has different preferences. We switched to a Serta brand pillow based on customer preferences, but it seems they are not for everyone. I know I'm not happy unless I have my memory foam pillow, and I tend to bring it with me when I travel.

I would like nothing more than to do away with our smoking rooms, but with that being said we would lose too much business to other hotels who still offer them. During weekdays we could easily sell twice the smoking rooms we have available, such is the demand. They are harder to maintain and their linens and blankets have to be washed separately, but there are still quite a few guests that prefer them.

Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Reserved & confirmed a handicap-accessible room for my 103 y.o. Mum and me in a block reserved for a family wedding party. Assigned room NOT accessible. Reported to desk clerk. All she wanted to do was tell me about a different handicapper room that had been cancelled by SOMEBODY (emphasis: hers). She yelled and continued to yell when I said to get off that topic and fix the problem. She arbitrarily cancelled our reservation, sent us to Comfort Inn up the road. Clerk there showed me a H-A bathroom very much needed by then and called around to find us a H-A room for 2 nights. MUCH more trauma and rude behavior by B-W clerk. Hotel management has NOT responded to a letter I wrote 1.5 weeks ago. Will not consider "Worst Western" ever again... ever. Missed the rehearsal dinner because of yelling and otherwise ineffective clerk. How can that place give the joy of that dinner back to us?

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 139Lois
BWConcordNH, Manager at Best Western Concord Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Lois,

I received your letter a few days ago and placed a response in the mail yesterday.

Sept.20, 2013

I have reviewed this incident at length, spoken with all staff involved, and reviewed the security logs of when the reservation was made and when you arrived at the hotel. It is an unfortunate situation that took a turn for the worst because there was a definite misunderstanding about your reservation, complicated further by arrangements that were made by another party and then cancelled before you called and booked your reservation.

Originally, two rooms were reserved for yourself and your mother, a standard room and a handicap accessible room that were connecting, affording you the number of beds you needed and the facilities you needed for your 103 year old mother. These were later cancelled and the hotel was informed that you would be making your own traveling decisions. These are the rooms that our clerk was referring to as cancelled.

On April 26th, 2013 you called and booked a single room for yourself and your mother. During the conversation the clerk offered you a choice between a standard room with two queen-sized beds, or a handicapped room with a king-sized bed. During that conversation the clerk specifically informed you that our handicap accessible rooms were better suited for space with a wheelchair, but they only have a single king-sized bed in them. You opted for the room with two queen-sized beds, which we do not have available with mobility accessible features. I can tell you she clearly described the difference between the two room types, and I have offered your family and yourself to view the recording so that you can hear exactly what was said. Somehow you misinterpreted what the clerk stated to you when you were booking the reservation, which seems to be the root of this whole fiasco.

When you arrived the hotel was completely sold out. None of our mobility accessible rooms were available and the room type you booked was inadequate to your needs, so the clerk found you accommodations elsewhere. While I cannot condone her behavior during your exchange with her, I cannot honestly say I would have fared any better. She was trying her best to figure out what had happened so that she could correct the situation and she reacted poorly to your attitude and behavior. I am extremely sorry that she snapped at you, and she has faced disciplinary action for her actions. But in her defense, it is not easy to keep calm when you are trying to help a hostile customer who is berating you for something that was not your fault. We all have our limits.

But back to the facts about your reservation, I have heard exactly what was said to you back on April 26, 2013 and it does not match what you stated was said to you. Somewhere there was a disconnect between what was said and what was expected, and I am at a loss to understand how it happened. You are convinced it was our mistake, just as I am convinced it was not. We failed in our attempt to resolve the situation, and I earnestly apologize to you for that. With that said, we did not promise you the room you claim you booked.

Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this Best Western. Stephanie at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean , the bed was extremely comfortable and they provided 4 pillows on the bed which added to a comfortable night's sleep The breakfast was tasty and the dining area was clean and attractive. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to your next visit.

Enfield, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

If you want to stay at a clean hotel, this is your place! Friendly and clean....what more can you ask for? Although right next to the highway, it is quiet as can be! I recommend this place for people traveling on vacation or business. If you have a large vehicle, the parking lot is kinda small, although I did manage to park a 48' Tractor-Trailer there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you, John, for sharing your experience. I am often in awe of how manuverable an eighteen-wheeler can be in our parking lot.

Exeter, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The housekeeping and brunch staff are terrific, but the desk needs help. Their simple mistake of not correctly booking a handicapped room became a MAJOR problem even though the solution was easy and the situation could have been quickly and simply. Apparently handicapped requests are a pattern problem; another wedding guest had the same thing happen and ended up staying elsewhere. Some retraining on how to work WITH the client to solve the problems that occur would be great, along with a better not "too bad for you" attitude would be better. The pool is wonderfully temp controlled, however, and actually available at usable times and the venue is comfortably quiet and nice area. Conditionally recommended, but if requesting special rooms be SURE to confirm early and often.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi Kate,

I have reviewed, extensively, the issues we had the weekend your group was here. To this day I am still not sure how the person booking the room misinterpreted was was said, but I can tell you that the desk clerk explained the differences between the two room types correctly. By the time the problem was discovered the hotel was sold out and there were no mobility accessible rooms available to switch the guest into, which made the situation even worse. It was a mess, and I wish I had been there when it all went down.

I cannot tell how many times we have gone out of our way to accommodate disabled guest, moved beds and furniture to make room for special equipment, helped with luggage and loading their vehicles, etc. Maybe I am a little passionate about it because my wife works directly with the disabled, but it hurts to think someone thinks we are uncaring about another persons needs or circumstances. I assure you that this is not the case, and my staff are distinctly aware of what is expected of them.

Leon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Comfort Inn Concord
Fairfield Inn Concord
#4 of 8 in Concord
Hampton Inn Concord/Bow
Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown

Been to Best Western Concord Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!