“Good service”

Best Western Concord Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Hotel room was clean and had been updated. Hotel is nice and well decorated. Comfortable. Only negative point is the noise from the plumbing. Service was excellent, very friendly people. Breakfast was good with a nice selection.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWConcordNH, Front Office Manager at Best Western Concord Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Denise,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate all the comments, good and bad, and use them to evaluate and and improve our service. I hope we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

After Reserving and securing a Suite at the Best Western Rockland MA for My younger Brother; a Naval Commodore in the Pacific 7th Fleet; who was on Leave with His Wife, Daughter, and Son from Japan to Visit Our Parents on May 21st to May 29th; My Brother told Me that He was Very Impressed with this Hotel and the Best Western Name! His Whole Family was Overjoyed with the Facility, and the Courtesy and Helpfulness of the Staff, and They Loved the Breakfast!! They had previously Stayed on Base whenever They had Arrived Stateside but NOW, because of Their Experience, My Brother told Me that He/They will Definitely Stay at a BEST WESTERN in the Future!!!

Dear Guest,

I am glad that your relatives had such a pleasant stay at our property. Please thank your brother for me, for his service to our country.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We booked off Priceline, no problem when we got to hotel for check in. Asked for top floor and got it. The room was nice and clean, exactly what my main concern is for each hotel. It was very quiet each night which I so appreciated. Breakfast is good with many selections hot and cold items; breakfast staff kept it well stocked and walked around checking on the guest eating. Each night they have fresh cookies out to grab, I haven't seen that in years. Overall I was very satisfied with our stay. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask for non road side room.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you again should you venture back to our area.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We made reservations for 2 queen beds no smoking. When we arrived they did not have this room. They offered us a King room, but we had 4 people. They couldn't even offer us a pullout or roll away bed. This was very frustrating as we had two kid wanting to go to sleep. We spent 45 minutes trying to book another hotel room in the area because we didn't want our kids sleeping on the floor after a long day at a swim meet. Why make a reservation if the hotel is just going to give your room away. Poor customer service.

1  Thank Angela F

Dear Guest,

I am sorry that you did not receive the room you reserved. Generally, the only time we change someone's room type is to upgrade them to a larger room or suite, so I am a bit curious what happened with your reservation. If you get a chance please contact me so that I can research exactly what happened.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The toilet, mirrors, bathroom wall needed to be cleaned completely. Another disgusting fact was a clump of long black hair was in the kitchenette sink drain. That made me sick to my stomach.. The desk clerks were excellent. One thing I think should be taken care of are the refrigerators, they need to be defrosted. The one in our room had accumulated over an inch of "frost"

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWConcordNH, Manager at Best Western Concord Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize for the issues you found in your room and assure you that is not the standards we expect from our staff. I would very much like to address this issue with the housekeeper that serviced your room. If you would please contact the hotel and provide me with your name so that I can look up who it was I would appreciate it.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed here with friends the night before a wedding and wouldn't recommend the hotel unless you have no other options. Late at night we were woken up by heavy stomping from the floor above us. After it went on for well over half an hour, we called the front desk to complain and they blamed it on a rollaway bed being delivered. The next morning the stomping and pitter patter began again. We are guessing it was children, because a small child's whining carried down through the bathroom pipes while we were getting ready. I would recommend asking for the top floor as a way to avoid this problem, but apparently that's the smoking section of the hotel as the hall reeked of stale smoke.

Our room as also the second to last in the hallway, so the fire stairs were not far away. The heavy door slamming all evening was another fun way to wake up constantly.

We didn't bother with breakfast downstairs. Other than that, the staff was nice and courteous and seemed to want to do their jobs well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room mid hallway to avoid both elevator and stair noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank rglbrgl

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry that your stay was an unpleasant one.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here over the fourth of July weekend and we were pleased with our room. It was Large and the bathroom was very spacious. The room had a microwave and small fridge as well as a desk area. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioner was good given how hot it was out. The only thing I would complain about is the breakfast area was much too small. People were standing around hovering waiting for a table. In fact some were directed outside to picnic tables and others were waiting for the conference room to be opened. Unlike the other posting the lady in the breakfast area was so busy talking I had to interrupt her for service. Other than that we were very pleased and will consider staying there again.

Thank K.C.NovaScotia

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. You are right, our breakfast room is a bit small when we are running at full capacity. When this hotel was built a continental breakfast consisted of little more than coffee and danishes, toast and fruit, and maybe some hard-boiled eggs. It was easy to manage a small room like that because guests were in and out pretty quickly.

Customer expectations over the past decade changed everything, and now we offer scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, pancakes and waffles, etc. Guests are sitting down and enjoying a full selection of hot and cold items and taking a much longer time to do so. It does put a strain on our seating, which is why we open our meeting room for additional seating when needed. Unfortunately, this is a small property with limited space. There's not much more we can do without major renovations.

As to your comments about the breakfast attendant, I will be discussing the matter at our next staff meeting to insure that we are meeting the needs of all of our guests.