“Yummy”

Makris Lobster & Steak house
Ranked #19 of 157 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Grill, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
CT
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

During a trip to VT and NH for college touring for my son we stopped here for supper. What a great surprise....I ordered the Beef Stroganoff special and it was the BEST I have ever had. I'm not sure what made the sauce so interesting and awesome but it was comfort food at its best especially after a long day. Wish this restaurant was closer to CT.

• Visited April 2013

• Greek first
NH
“Some changes, but not enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went here last week, and was underwhelmed. It has been a while since I dropped in here on my way home. They have done the bar area over, and it does look sharp and nice, but it seems to be a bar. (Nothing wrong with that) The menus selection is big, but not as seafood oriented as I was hoping for. I ordered a baked seafood combo, picking what you wanted, with a choices of 3 items. I received the 3 items they wanted to give me, not close to what I chose. I just figured go with it. It was just about OK, but not really. The fish was dry, and seemed to have been prepared in advance, and heated. Flavor was bland. Nothing special. The roll was stale, cole slaw average.
As for the service, it was excellent. The two women at the bar(where I was seated) where very attentive and friendly. Of note, I watched what seemed to be management critiquing staff, as they were drinking. I find that to be bothersome to hear someone be called out for whatever, by someone else who is not in a proper work mode. All in all, average at best.

• Visited April 2013
Hooksett, New Hampshire
“Lots of options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you love seafood, and like options, this place is for you. Lobster, clams, fish and enough non-fish offerings to keep everyone happy. What's very nice is that you have options on how much food you want to order with small and large portions available. Very helpful. Fried foods are very light. Lobster salad tasty. Not a fan of the crab.
Décor leaves something to be desired, not sure it's been upgraded in years, but generally good service.

• Visited February 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great restaurant that we usually hit on our way north. It is conveniently located if heading to the races in Louden. My boyfriend only like to get lobster rolls when we go here since he likes the way they make them so much. We came one year at Mardi Gras time and had the Gator Bites appetizer, which was definitely a new food for me, gator!

Visited January 2013
Concord, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An episode of Kitchen Nightmares”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Old decor, bad service, below average food. New management is needed to bring this place back to decent.

1 Thank Inquisitive-Monkey

Been to Makris Lobster & Steak house? Share your experiences!