“Love taking friends to Moritomo!”

Moritomo Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 162 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We never worry about being disappointed with food at Moritomo. The Sushi is fresh, artistic and consistantly great. The wait staff is knowledgeable and helpful. We often take "new to Sushi" friends to Moritomo because we can predict their experience. If your group is 4-8 try the Tatami private rooms! So much fun! The Habachi table room is well equipped but our experience was not remarkable. It is very pricey for a few mins of entertainment...better to use regular dining menues.

1  Thank Annie H

Reviewed December 25, 2012

we love, love, love their sushi and miso soup. The staff are friendly each and every time we eat there.

1  Thank TookieGal
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was introduced by my neighbor and was very satisfied the guys behind the counter were very professional and explained what was going into the rolls Inow go once a month and more if I can

1  Thank Jeffrey W
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We tried Morimoto after a friend had suggested it...and are now seriously questioning that friend's taste! To start, the scorpion bowl was organe juice with a splash of 151. The edamame was over-cooked, unsalted, and unappetizing. The pork dumplings were below average and very mushy. Then came the sashimi appetizer which contained the smallest, thinnest pieces of fish we have ever been served, it was very disappointing. We got two specialty rolls which were totally overpriced for what they were--at around $12 and $13 they were the size of maki rolls and sloppily rolled. It hurt having to pay over $70 for this meal. I will give them credit for getting my sesame allergy correct though. Oh yeah, and they skimp on the ginger and wasabi, and then charge you extra for more. We have never even been in the position where we've had to ask for extra wasabI, let alone be charged for it! Definitely will not be back.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was, hand's down, the worst hibachi meal I have ever had. The chef absolutely ruined almost everything he touched. Well, well done steak, chicken cooked to rubber and limp, burned veggies. Initially he skipped giving me veggies. I joked with him about it and he ran and got more veggies and cooked them on the spot. These were edible but one of the only hibachi items that were. I was very disappointed because we went out of the way to eat there. No second chances here. Once was way too expensive to fool me into trying twice. Real shame too.