“Yellow Sub Addiction”

Add it.
The Yellow Submarine
Ranked #107 of 162 Restaurants in Concord
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I'm hooked on the Yellow Sub. I add tomato, lettuce, pickles and mayo and split it with the wife about twice a month. It is not healthy but it is worth it. The owner is very generous to offer a 10% discount to all veterans which I never ask for as his prices are very fair. I can't find a sub place anywhere in the area that can match the Yellow Submarine. Nadeaus is top rated and I don't get that.

There are newer reviews for The Yellow Submarine

Reviewed March 11, 2014

The Yellow Submarine on North State St is an excellent sandwich shop. It is NOT a sit down restaurant, but they do have a picnic table. They cook to order...steak sandwiches, homemade onion rings, they even make egg salad -- to order! They have weekly cold and hot sandwich specials and everyone there is friendly. There is a sit down location on the Concord Heights near Wal-Mart. But I like the original location, just a small almost shack, but homey. They do take phone orders but I prefer to order in person.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stopped in because I love to try local shack-food. This place looked cute and we were hungry after driving for hours to get to Concord. Be advised: as a shack it lacks seating other than a picnic table on the side. The specials board had "Haddock boats" advertised and so we bit on them - despite seeing other interesting choices on the regular menu. I was interested to stand and watch the process of prepping other orders, and they were busy enough with local call-in orders and others stopping in like myself. Our fish was haddock, tasty haddock, but not fresh haddock. I assumed that less than an hour from the coast, haddock boats would be fresh, but I won't make the same mistake again. I saw some good subs AKA "grinders" going out the door, and the staff were pleasant and working. Next time I'll ask but I will be back for some other choices.

Been to The Yellow Submarine? Share your experiences!