“Good food...When you get it”

Old Europe Mediterranean Fine Dining
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were visiting Concord and decided to visit the Old Europe based on their menu. We weren't disappointed with the food, but the service was negligent. The restaurant was fairly slow and it took 10-15 minutes for someone to come to our table for a drink order. We were ready to order dinner, but the server would only take the appetizer order.

The appetizer arrived about 20 minutes later and dinner arrived about a half hour after the app was cleared. Al told dinner took two hours for just an appetizer and entree. At that point we had enough and skipped coffee or dessert. The food was excellent, however based on the frustration with service and speed I would only recommend this if you want a very leisurely dinner.

2  Thank John R

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have eaten here twice now, and neither time was I disappointed. The first time I ate here, I ordered the Lemon Veal Piccata, and it was so delicious! I accompanied this with a green salad and a glass of Pinot Grigio. For dessert, I tried the tiramisu, and that also was also excellent.

My most recent was on my way back from Boston, when I stopped off for a late lunch around 2:00 PM. I selected a couple of dishes from the tapas menu and had these with a salad, followed by a cappuccino coffee in lieu of dessert.

Service on both occasions was excellent. You do need to allow plenty of time to eat here, as all dishes are cooked freshly to order, but it worth the wait.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Wednesday evening, one other party arriving at about the same time. It was almost 2 hours before we left - no lingering involved. I thought the service was indifferent - for so few customers during our visit I felt neglected. The decor is delightful and comfortable, so it's not a bad place to be delayed. A 'complimentary' bruchetta was provided at one point, possibly because of the wait before being served. The meal, however, was excellent, if pricey. Wonderful shrimp with farfalle, flavorful and cooked to perfection. Our entrees did NOT come with any salad, bread or vegetables, so be prepared for that, and a refill on iced tea was charged full price. Entrees ranged from $16 to around $24, salads $6-11, vegetable sides at $5/each. Can't endorse whole-heartedly, but I would say it's worth a try. For the prices they are asking I expect better.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

We decided to stop at this restaurant as we were driving along Main St. Having only 2 tables occupied at 6:30, we were a bit hesitant but thought we would give it a try. Our server (the only one) was pleasant and explained the specials perfectly. One of us had the pork tenderloin special and it was not only delicious, it was a very generous portion. Beware that everything is a la carte, including the bread for the table. The appetizer of grilled tomatoes and mozzarella was very tasty but small in portion, so portion size here is a hit and miss. You can not substitute side dishes but can order additional ones ones at what I believe was $8.00 each. The atmosphere was interesting but too warm in room temperature. By the end of our dinner, there was still only one other table occupied. Be prepared to have a very pricey meal. I have no plans of returning anytime soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Old Europe has gone thru some changes in the kitchen since it opened. I have experienced inconsistent service and quality of food both ranging from truly excellent to below average. The kitchen can sometimes get overwhelmed and you can be in for a 2.5 - 3 hour dinner. Probably worth another try in the end.