“If you are in Concord then I would strongly recommend this spot, never had a bad experience here.”

Newick's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 162 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

The wife, two kids and I went here again this year. The service is great and the staff really friendly, which is good to see as the kids are 9 and 14 and were treated just great. The seafood is good here, we had lobster and a while heap of snow crab legs which the kids love. For a seafood place this is pretty good as far as I am concerned, I have tried a few and this one just keeps us coming back.

There are newer reviews for Newick's Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We have patronized the Newicks Restaurants for many many years. Of course they made famous the fishermens platter that was so large you always took half home. Well the Concord version is still serving great seafood although the price is now somewhat more expensive. ;+}

I had a 1/2 whole clams and scallops plate and my wife had the scallops plate. They were both cooked in fresh, not old oil, and cooked to perfection. The serving size was generous without being a take home portion. I also had a 1/2 dozen oysters and they were wonderful as always. The restaurant was clean as were the restrooms, and the staff were all smiling and friendly. Jack Newick would be proud & happy!

While the prices for seafood is, in my opinion, outrageous, the prices at Newicks are comparible to the competition. Having said that as a person on a fixed retirement income, seafood restaurants are an occasional treat vs a normal weekly stop, Newicks is no different. Expensive, but at least the food was worth every penny. If I am going to treat myself to a seafood dinner, Newicks is on the top of my list I could justify spending for. It should be on your list too.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I didn't have a choice. I belong to a lunch group that meets monthly, and we rotate who's in charge of where we go, so evidently someone likes it. I suppose I could have stayed home, but it's a fun group so I was willing to sacrifice.

I was interested to find that I wasn't the only one in the group who'd been previously dissatisfied with this Newick's location. I hoped that this time would be the charm, as I've ordered different meals every time I've been here, and I was hoping to hit on the one that they do well.

The choice this time was fried haddock nuggets, as that's the closest thing to fish and chips that I could find on the menu. The woman seated next to me remarked that she was looking for the same thing and couldn't find it either. What kind of seafood restaurant doesn't have fish and chips? I figured out that you could sort of cobble one together from various choices, so that's what I did.

The fish was actually quite good, and the smaller portion was plenty. I have to admit, I love their tartar sauce, which has a nice subtle dill weed flavor. The fries looked like they were frozen and tasted like cotton, so I switched them for mixed vegetables, which turned out to be green beans, yellow beans, and baby carrots, a nice change from the usual restaurant mixed=vegetable offering of zucchini, summer squash, and carrots. Unfortunately, they were rubbery. So kudos for the fish, thumbs down for the garnishes.

The service was good, and they cheerfully accommodated our request for six separate checks. If the group comes back here again, I guess I'll just try ordering something else and hope for the best.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Excellent dinner - one of us had a twin lobster dinner (for less than $30!!), and the other had a fried seafood platter with belly clams, scallops, haddock, shrimp. Both were excellent. The server was friendly, helpful with suggestions, but not pushy. Both dinners were cooked just right - the lobster wasn't overcooked, and the fried dinner was perfect - not greasy, with just the right amount of light breading. Both meals were reasonably priced. We're going back the next time we're in town. Great dinner!

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Great place for seafood if you are shopping down at the mall. It's the only option for seafood on the whole strip so they are always busy. Good price, good portions, nice people.