“Excellent, as expected!”

Dining options: Reservations
Uxbridge, Canada
“Excellent, as expected!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Until now, I had only visited the Dover NH location. This Concord NH location is up to the same high standards. Newick's is my favorite seafood restaurant in the world!

Visited July 2012

New York, New York, United States
“expensive and bad seafood”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I would not call this place a lobster house.
The lobster was small and dry, the steamed shrimps on the lobster platter was small and it was wrapped in some red plastic net like bag. Very bizarre...almost ghetto for a restaurant
The rolls they give out in the beginning was a joke, it was one of those rolls that you buy from the supermarket and just throw it in the basket.

The steamed mussels was a joke too..I was expecting a pot of hot mussels drenched in some white garlic sauce, but instead we got a ghetto net like bag wrapped some plain steamed mussels and you have to dip the mussels in the garlic butter sauce on the side

Definitely not worth the title of Lobster house...coming from Manhattan, you can get a better and cheaper seafood deal than this place

• Visited July 2012
Boscawen, New Hampshire, United States
“Expensive”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This place is nice inside.. but Very pricey.. and you hardly get anything.. I ordered the fishermans platter expecting to share it with the rest of the table (like most places) and I was still hungry with I left.. I could have drove to Browns in Seabrook and had a fresh fishermans platter for what it cost us to eat there.. In my opinion it was not worth it..

Visited December 2011
Concord, NH
“A big disappointment”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I love the Newick's over near the seacoast, and there's almost always a line of people waiting to get in -- but the Concord location was almost deserted! I had been here once before and wasn't impressed, and this visit reminded me why. I got the appetizer combo plate, with the idea that I could try several of their offerings and see if my first visit was a fluke.

It wasn't.

The plate had coconut shrimp (which admittedly were *delicious*), crab cakes, fried cheese ravioli, onion rings, and buffalo chicken tenders. When I tasted the crab cake, I remembered that's what I'd ordered, oh, maybe two years ago, and they haven't improved. There's way more filling than crab -- I even took off my glasses and looked closely but only saw a few shreds -- and the accompanying remoulade didn't help. I ended up using the ginger sauce for the shrimp to give the crab cakes some flavor.

The onion ring batter was dense and chewy. Horrible. If you want good onion rings in Concord, go to the Newell Post.

The ravioli were abysmal -- tough to cut, with a grainy five-cheese filling. The server couldn't tell me what the cheeses were. They didn't go into my take-home box. The buffalo tenders were hot hot HOT -- and I like spicy food! I just don't like getting the fur burnt off my tongue. It would have been nice to offer a milder version.

In short, I'm not planning to return. And, just to comment on a previous review, if you order clam STRIPS, be prepared to be disappointed, no matter where you are. Bellies are where it's at, babe. ?;^)

• Visited July 2012
Nashua, New Hampshire, United States
“Best Fish ever!!!!!”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Great Fish there and has great lobster Tooooo!!!!!!! pick your own if u dare!!!! ooohhhoohohohoh

Visited June 2012