“Talk about Delicious!!!”

Bread and Chocolate
Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in Concord
Reviewed September 8, 2017

Walking into this shop feels like you are in Europe at one of the best pastry shops with the beautiful display of cakes, muffins,breads, croissants, and the most delicious "Sticky buns" since my mom's. Franz is from Austria and has brought his wonderful talents of baking to share with those of us lucky enough to indulge!!!! You will not be disappointed.
There are also yummy sandwiches for lunch.

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

Heard this place had awesome bread and pastries - and that is correct. We had a chocolate croissant that was just as amazing as when I was in Europe.

They also had a nice selection of cakes and loaves of bread.

If you like good bread/pastries - don't miss this place!

Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

I have enjoyed hundreds of coffee and pastry starts to the day in this continental oriented bakery. In addition to its namesake, bread and chocolate, the apple almond danish and croissant are executed perfectly. Apple strudel is straight out of central Europe, nothing better with their fresh brewed coffee.
Bread and Chocolate is operated by an Austrian native who emigrated several decades ago and made his home in central NH. We are lucky he chose our area. Excellent sandwiches on the in house produced breads are varied and make for quick and delicious take away option, or you can grab a table and eat in.
The tartes and other desert confections are the best in central NH.
Bread and Chocolate is the standard for all bakeries to be measured by in the Granite state.

Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

Bread and Chocolate is everything you look for in a bakery. Everything is made from scratch and looks great. I personally enjoy the fantastic variety of croissants and his fresh baked breads. There are always plenty of cookies, pastries and cakes to choose from as well. Come check this place out and support a local small business.

Reviewed May 16, 2017

I visited Bread and Chocolate recently when I was in Concord for just a day. I had just returned from 5 months in Europe on business, and was adjusting to what passes for pastries in the US. What I found at Bread and Chocolate was nothing more or less than the real thing. Everything was just-out-of-the-oven fresh, the scones were perfection, the pastries were excellent, and the coffee tasted great. If I could go every morning, I would. I will need to be back in Concord in a few weeks, but will be staying in a B&B - presenting me with a real dilemma! On top of this, the shop itself is just wonderful. I am the kind of person that likes the non-franchise, non-glitzy, here-is-where-a-real-person-works-and-does-a-great-job kinds of places with boxes staked in a back corner. It's just downright relaxing - the kind of lived-in place that communities grow in. I will be back every chance I get!

Been to Bread and Chocolate? Share your experiences!