“Superb quality in the old style”

Bread and Chocolate
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Concord
Reviewed May 10, 2012

So glad this place survives. The smell alone puts 1o pounds on you as you walk by. The sandwiches and desserts are literally out of this world. A Concord Hallmark that is unparalleled. Just got a craving writing this for a piece of bread and chocolate. Off I go to Franz's!

There are newer reviews for Bread and Chocolate

Reviewed April 5, 2012

wow what desserts, this was by far the best tasting choc. cake I have had in a very long time

Reviewed March 10, 2012

We were just there yesterday, March 9th. This morning our bread and chocolate is stale. This is at least the third time that we have had a problem. Over the holidays our pumpkin pie grew mold the day after we bought it. When brought to her attention the woman behind the counter (who I believe to be the owner) had no reaction or apology. I've also found the opera cakes to be stale in the past. We've been going there for years but finally they have lost our business.

2  Thank Ireland03251
Reviewed November 25, 2011

The baked goods I enjoyed the most from Bread and Chocolate were the complex ones: (baklava, croissant) rather than the cookies. The sandwiches were wonderful (Santa Fe turkey, Italian). Service was quick and friendly.

Been to Bread and Chocolate? Share your experiences!