“Nothing special”

Cityside Grille
Ranked #61 of 163 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Just typical eggs and toast kinda place. If you are looking for a good belgian waffle, then this is surely not the place. The belgian waffle tastes like regular bland waffle mix that was made in the shape of a belgian waffle maker. Just blah texture with little flavor. Also the outside was not crisply and the waffle itself was not hot when it was delivered to the table. I paid extras to have pecans in the waffle, but found it in only three bites. Don't think we will be back.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were looking for an early breakfast on a Sunday morning prior to leaving on a trip. The Cityside Grille opens at 6 AM making it a perfect stop for us. The service was excellent. Scrambled eggs and sausage excellent. The home fries looked and tasted like the frozen nuggets you get in the supermarket. The coffee was average. We will eat here again when we need an early start but our preference is really Beefside.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I am pleased to not only learn that it is not but an excellent choice for breakfast as well. So they only open for breakfast and so I never drove by when they were open. I was looking for a close, quiet place to take my parents for breakfast durring a recent visit. I went based on TA reviews of course and am glad I did. I have one and only one complaint about Cityside, my parents arived from their hotel about 10 minutes before our agreed upon time and they were refused a seat by one of the waitresses until the party was complete. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise as a second waitress seated them in a nice quiet area upstairs. She was a great waitress, very prompt but not overly so. The pancakes were light and fluffy, the omelets are 3 eggs, the stickybuns are excellent, and the coffee was plentiful. I know as a local I will be visiting Cityside again..... moslty for the sticky buns, seriously that good.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Our Server was wonderful. The coffee was hot and delish!!!The food was absolute perfection. Do yourself a favor and order their hash browns. Oh man, I enjoyed those crispy little potatoes...The portions are huge and their prices are very reasonable

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I went to the Cityside (which says "Voted Best Breakfast in Concord" on it's sign) for breakfast this morning at 7:30. The place was pretty empty, with most of the patrons in the bar area and very few in the booths...I discovered why. I got seated promptly, got a cup of coffee almost immediately, and ordered.

My omelet was really good, cooked perfectly (which is by no means common in NH breakfast places), with generous stuffings. I also got a refill for my coffee, and that's when the service started to go down-hill.

While the waitress asked, while going by, about my meal, she never did come back with coffee. Twenty minutes later, as I was finishing my meal, I finally flagged down another waitress who was serving in the bar area, and she brought me a re-fill. Since there were only three of the booths filled and two waitresses serving them, it's hard to understand the slow and inattentive service.