“Not worth the money spent”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Sunny's Table - CLOSED

Sunny's Table
Cuisines: American, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Concord, New Hampshire
“Not worth the money spent”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2010

Service was excellent. Food....not so good... portions small. Steak-tough, very touch. Salmon, okay, not great. A huge disappointment. Sorry. High expectations for S and K that were not met. Perhaps go back to the Korean Place Restaurant?

Penacook, New Hampshire
“Flavor Explosion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2010

The portions could have been a bit bigger, but the amount if flavor in every bit was astronomical. You are truly eating art when you dine there.

Yarmouth, Maine
“Good food, but not always a good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2010

We had dinner at Sunny's Table last night for the second time. It's a pleasant place, very friendly and attractively done without being stuffy or formal in the slightest.

My only complaint is that the appetizers and salads are quite small for what you pay. The salad that each of the four of us ordered weighed perhaps 1.5 ounces in total. A tiny handful of lettuce, a teaspoon of lentils and beets, plus a bare trace of grated carrots, and --voila!-- that'll be $9 each, please. Really, we all looked at each other spontaneously with a "is this a joke?' expression? To its credit, we thought that all 3 bites of the salad were tasty.

The crabcake appetizer ($12) was also tasty, but the two crabcakes were each quite small, about the size of a slightly flattened ping-pong ball. The entrees varied in size-- my shrimp curry was reasonable, but my friend's salmon portion looked quite small to all of us.

I don't expect-- or even want-- huge overflowing portion sizes a la Appleby's at a fine restaurant like Sunny's. But I think they err too much toward the stingy side-- especially with their salad. Sure, it might cost them 25 cents more to make the salad decent-sized... but at $9 a pop, they have some room to pull that off.

By the way, the desserts were quite good, and very adequately sized. Must have been handled by a different chef!

While I would recommend Sunny's, I would do so with a caveat. The food is certainly tasty and fresh. But, in my hunt for a more reasonable value, I think I'll go elsewhere next time.

NH
“wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2010

Food was fantastic and beautifully presented. Didn't know we had a restaurant of this quality in the area.

New England
“Wish we had found this sooner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2010

After several years of travel across southern NH to Concord to shop, get the car repaired, etc we stumbled upon Sunny's Table for lunch one week day earlier in the month and knew we had found a new favorite. We liked it so much that I was happy to hear that my husband's car needed to go into the shop again! Others have described the lovely,peaceful decor, the emphasis on local and the friendly staff. The menu is intriguing with unusual combinations, making it hard to decide on a meal. My current favorite is the shrimp curry. The sauce has a nice "kick" to it and the fact that it is ginger creme and not coconut creme makes it a real stand out. Beautiful presentation and perfectly cooked rice make it a winner. Today we tried the chocolate mousse brulee -- pure heaven for chocolate lovers. I really do hope the car needs to go in the shop again soon ....

1 Thank bluewaterdiva