“Best live theater in NH”

Capitol Center for the Arts
Ranked #4 of 40 things to do in Concord
More attraction details
Owner description: The Capitol Center for the Arts is the largest and most successful performing arts center in New Hampshire and has helped position Concord as a cultural destination. Its richly varied programming attracts diversified audiences. Broadway, ballet, rock, and country & western fans alike travel from all over New England to attend performances at the Capitol Center.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Each year the CCA brings top live performances to Concord--everything from internationally renown ballet companies to country western singers, and from full stage theatrical performances to intimate cafe-style gigs. It's a great venue. The community whole-heartedly supports CCA and it gives back generously to the community. My husband and I have been members for years, so we are slightly biased. On the other hand, if it wasn't so good, we wouldn't be members. One of the best things about the city of Concord is its support of the arts! CCA provides some of the best offerings.

There are newer reviews for Capitol Center for the Arts

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Having attended a number of Concerts for the same band (was a Groupie of a specific Band for 5+ years until this year) at a number of Venues all over the US & Canada. This Venue was quite intimate & lovely to view, although the Stage was a wee bit small thus causing the Band to NOT have quite enough space to 'Put on' their Usual largish Show. Still friendly staff etc.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

So many venues to choose from. Always something for any age. My favorite is the MET series - seeing Opera without having to go to New York!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had tickets for a show at the end of September. We purchased these tickets in April hoping to see the venue and artists performing for the first time. Unfortunately a death in my immediate family caused us to be there, of course, and miss the show. I called the next day to see if there was anyway of even just getting a credit for a future show. The answer was no the show left and so did the money. I really believe in these cases a little understanding would be helpful and go a long way to further promote this and any venue with patrons like myself and others who enjoy live shows at great venues. I just think sometimes a little consideration does go a long way.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We travel to see the Irish singing group Celtic Thunder. This time they performed in the Capitol Center for the Arts in Concord. It is a beautifully restored older theater for the performing arts. We have seen Celtic Thunder in a number of different settings and this was by far the best venue bringing the audience to the stage and performers. The acoustics were superb.

On the negative side the seating was very cramped but I guess that comes with a building that is that old.

Given the opportunity to return we will do so without question.