“2-free visitor pass.”

New Hampshire Historical Society
Ranked #8 of 41 things to do in Concord
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1823 the New Hampshire Historical Society is the state's premier organization preserving and sharing Granite State history. Its museum and library offer the most extensive collection of resources and materials related to New Hampshire history that can be found anywhere. The Society's headquarters building at 30 Park Street in Concord is considered one of the finest examples of public architecture in New Hampshire and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

A coupon for a 2-free visitor pass is in the 2009-2010 "Chamber of Commerce" brochure still available at the table by the Reference Desk at the N.H. State Library on Park Street by the State House in Concord. As of January 2013. And: Free on Thursdays; no pass needed. Spend $savings in gift shot. (;-)

4  Thank JosephSHaas

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Would love to spend some time here but the place is never open, need to make an appointment, should be like a library, readily available for the public. They received great donations, wonder where it all goes? A fee if you are not member, I am but still little access

Reviewed August 15, 2012

There are a lot of beautiful buildings right in this small concentrated area of Concord, like the State Capitol, which are fun to take pictures of, but it was too chilly to walk around outside the whole time so we ducked in here, and ended up really enjoying it. The early Native American history and natural history of the area was most well-done. I was also impressed by the staff. I randomly asked if "Franklin Pierce was as bad a president as they make him out to be in text books," and the lady at the desk had a very well-thought answer as to why it's possible we can't know for sure because the string of presidents before and after, and including Pierce, were faced with serving during an extremely difficult era. Definitely came away with a better appreciation for both local and national history.

2  Thank Darshan1
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Interesting study of early NH . I enjoyed the visit , It is what it is .
I would hope they would add more information to this history .
My family built a home in NH in 1792 . That area is changed now to Vermont. I visited my old homestead and was facinated they could add more information to this museum.
I think th

1  Thank DorcieMitchell
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Thought it was sweet little museum & my husband & are into historical things (he a college librarian & I a fine art conservator) accidentally stumbled upon it . . . We learnt a lot things about our holiday home state & purchased quite a few things inthe gift shop for Xmas presents! Needs better promtion though.

1  Thank Margaret M