“Eat in an old jail cell!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Margaritas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 157 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
washington dc
“Eat in an old jail cell!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2010

We really liked this atmospheric mexican restaurant. The old state jail has been converted to dining and many of the tables downstairs are nestled in the old jail cells complete with iron bars. Upstairs is a livey bar which serves food and tables are faster to get there. The food was very good and service fast and pleasant.

Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Solid Mexican food - nothing special, but hit the spot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

The staff were very friendly and nice and the food was pretty good. Although it had the restaurant chain feel to it, it was still relatively good. The place was also packed. We got there early and were fortunate to get a nice seat outside. Most of the other diners also seemed happy. Several families with kids had kids saying it was their favorite restaurant.

Weare, New Hampshire
“Margaritas Might As Well Be Prison Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2010

Don't misunderstand the title of this review - I REALLY like Margaritas. But the restaurant is located in an old jail and several of the dining areas are old jail cells - thus the remark about prison food.

IMO, Margaritas has the best salsa in the state. There are nights I really can't decide what I want for dinner, but my wife and I will head there just for the salsa. They also have great tortilla chips (though sometimes a bit on the salty side).

The food is routinely very-good-to-excellent for what it is. It is not authentic Mexican, and if that is what you are looking for you will be disappointed. But if you are looking for kind of standard "Mexican fare" (the American version of Mexican food) then this is the place you want to go. And the food is quite reasonably priced.

The drinks are very good and also quite reasonably priced.

The service is typically a "B+" and occasionally an "A"... I have never had a bad server.

And like I said above, the atmosphere can be pretty darned cool if you get one of the jail cells!!

Concord, Massachusetts
“We'll definitely go back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2009

My husband and I both had fond memories of this place from years ago, when it was Tio Juan's. We've steered clear of it b/c our daughter has multiple food allergies that just don't mesh well with Mexican food. We decided to give it a try, though, and give the management very high marks for helping come up with something my daughter could eat. All of our food was very good (steak fajitas and vegetarian burritos) -- more authentic than many Mexican places we go. The margaritas could have used a bit more sugar, and the chips a bit less frying, but we were very satisfied overall. The wiki sticks they give out to kids (along with crayons) are a nice change from average restaurant kid entertainment, also.

1 Thank Clarkthehorse
Concord, New Hampshire
“not that great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2009

The food is not worth the money, however, the bar area is good and there is one appatizer I like. I would not recommned eating in the restaurant as it is kind of dirty as well.