“Great food, great ambiance”

Margaritas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 159 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Baltimore, MD
“Great food, great ambiance”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

This is a great setting for anyone who loves old historic buildings. We were seated in a booth within the cell block area of this old police station. They had tables set up right inside of the old jail cells! The salsa was fresh and great, just a tad too spicy for me, but my husband loved it. I had the two-taco plate (one ground beef & one pork carnitas). Both were tasty and fresh, but again, too spicy for my delicate palate. I would probably ask the server which dishes are mild, and go with that next time. My husband however loved his chicken chimi. It was such good, juicy, fresh shredded chicken inside that chimi! I would love to know how they get their white meat so tender! My husband said that he thinks this place was the best Mexican food he's ever had. I only give it 4 out of 5 due to the spicy level of the food. I say this place is well worth a visit!

• Visited December 2011

Concord, New Hampshire
“Want to know how it feels to eat in jail?”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Was the old Concord,NH jail house. Fun place to dine. Some say the place is haunted. Good food, good service. Great bar!

sanbornton, nh
“One Step From Terrible”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

The ony reason this review is not terrible is for old time sake - The food at Margaritas used to be great - the margaritas still are - that is the only saving grace for this flailing restaurant.

A few weeks ago we went to Margaritas during the week at around 7pm - We were told there would be a 20-30 minute wait and were gestured to sit on a bench alongside a lady with a whining baby. Although the restaurant looked empty, we were told that they were "packed". When questioned further, the people at the front desk admitted that they were really short on staff and hence, the wait. We left, complained to management the next day and were send a gift certificate for 2 entrees. (Ironically, we were intending to use a certificate we had been given a few months ago when they brought my husband the wrong meal).

We returned several days ago to have dinner - again, we were told that there would be a wait - there were 6 people at the bar and no one at the tables as we passed by. This time, we went into the bar and ordered margartias. We were then brought to our table. Service was slow but our guacamole appetizer was good so we didn't mind.

I wanted to order an appetizer as my meal but was informed (erroneously - we found out later) that I couldn't do that and use our certificate - so I ordered shrimp tacos.

After a long time, our food finally came, delivered by the manager and my husband's frajitas were sizzling hot - my shrimp tacos were ice cold - so cold that I had to ask our waitperson if they were supposed to be served that way. Problem was - the tortillas were fried and really greasy - it was not appetizing.

We got an apology, a comped meal and our gift certificate back...

We tried to contact the customer service manager but we kept missing each other - We're still waiting to hear from him....Tag - he is it!

So I am giving this review a poor rather than terrible rating. It will be a while before I come back to Margaritas and when I do, I', going to order my Aztec shrimp dish - which is always hot and which I always enjoy -

Bad move folks - Perhaps you should consider stepping up your staff and getting on the stick - it's a very tough market out there and there are a lot of places competing for the business. Now is NOT the time for slacking!

• Visited August 2011
Dover, New Hampshire
“Mixed Reviews”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I think we somehow got forgotten...it was nearly an hour from the time we ordered until we got our food. The wait staff was very friendly and our meal was comped. The meal was ok, but not super authentic...and not recommended for foodies.

The atmosphere is very fun...a great place to meet up for a drink.

• Visited August 2011
washington dc
“Eat in an old jail cell!”
Reviewed October 24, 2010

We really liked this atmospheric mexican restaurant. The old state jail has been converted to dining and many of the tables downstairs are nestled in the old jail cells complete with iron bars. Upstairs is a livey bar which serves food and tables are faster to get there. The food was very good and service fast and pleasant.