“Unique and good pub fare food in the shadow of the State House”
Review of The Barley House

The Barley House
Ranked #1 of 161 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Irish, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Concord's choice for quality food, top-notch service, and fresh local micro-brews. Located across the street from the State Capitol, The Barley House is a popular spot for business lunches, parties, after-work crowds, and culinary pleasure seekers.
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Unique and good pub fare food in the shadow of the State House”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Unique and tasty pub fare with traditional selections as well. We dined here recently for dinner on a Saturday night. There seemed to plenty of seating. We had to wait a short time for an outside table. There are only four. Bar staff efficient and friendly. Wait staff was okay. The appetizer selection was outstanding. The fried Brussels sprouts were amazing. Quesidillas yummy. Cajun Shrimp large and spicy. Strawberry rum infused mojito delicious. Pumpkin apple spice soup amazing. Portions were generous. Pretzel and bread sticks were a crunchy treat. Never had an entree but the selections looked great.

• Visited July 2013

Concord, New Hampshire, United States
“Awesome Burgers and awesome staff!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I do love a great Burger and the Barley House never disappoints. I was recently in for their yearly Burger Fest fundraiser and I tried 3 burgers on the menu in 5 days. Wow! The Texas BBQ burger was amazing, the Widowmaker Burger was great, and the Seafood Burger was great too!!

Their regular menu is great too and has a nice variety to it that has quality as a commonality across the board. My favorite appetizer is the Spinach Artichoke dip (although the Firecracker Shrimp are awesome too).

You really can't go wrong with the food. They have a nice selection of Beers and Whiskeys and I am always happy with the stellar service. The staff is well-trained and the owner Brian Shea runs a great establishment.

Concord, New Hampshire
“Never have had a bad meal here”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I are borderline regulars at The Barley House, and we both love it. The food is great (best burgers in the state, if not New England), the drinks are great, and the staff is awesome. The prices are reasonable, and the decor inside is nice.

Melbourne, Australia
“Good beer and food selection. Delicious”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

On a rainy Friday night we tried out the Barley House. It was clear it is popular with the locals - the staff were very busy but still provided efficient service. We enjoyed our experience - with good beer, a delicious Guiness Beef Stew and a Texas BBQ burger. All done well. Not cheap with drinks about $55 but reasonable value. Only one downside (which the staff quickly fixed) my stew was luke warm, , not hot. A new batch was brought quickly and without fuss.

Raymond, New Hampshire
“My first visit won't be my last!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

After developing a craving for a char broiled burger on my way home from the White Mountains my friend suggested we stop at The Barley House for dinner. We were afraid it would be crowded but found a parking space fairly close so we gave it a try. Walked rightt in, were promptly greeted by the host and escorted to our seats. They were very friendly and welcoming. The decor is beautiful. Our waitress came right over, introduced herself and told us about their special Burger Week celebration. We ordered burgers which were perfectly cooked and had the sweet potatoe fries which i love. The waitress told us the soda was a little flat and offered somethng else but after trying it didnt notice the flatness at all. At this point we were full but decided to just look at the dessert menu. We ended up oredering homemade bread pudding and creme brulee which was excellent. Very impressed with this place. I would highly recommend! Would be great for all as their were kids, familes, couples, older crowd etc. the bar which is in the front part of the resturant was hopping. I have heard they have an extensive microbrew which would explain it. They had outdoor seating which is limited but adequate. Concord's main street is a great location.

• Visited June 2013

Been to The Barley House? Share your experiences!