“Average bar/restaurant”
Review of The Barley House

The Barley House
Ranked #1 of 159 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Concord's choice for quality food, top-notch service, and fresh local micro-brews. Located across the street from the State Capitol, The Barley House is a popular spot for business lunches, parties, after-work crowds, and culinary pleasure seekers.
Westbrook, Connecticut
“Average bar/restaurant”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Came here on a late Thursday night. Our waitress was very friendly and fast. Food wasn't anything spectacular, but I am also not a big burger person. Great place for late night food and drinks though. Great atmosphere, and was nice and close to the holiday inn we were staying at.

• Visited March 2013

Concord, New Hampshire
“Nice place, small portions”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I love that this restaurant is local and that it seems to have a lot of regular customers. I had always wanted to try the Barley House, so I finally got my chance. We were seated immediately, service was good. They give you some pretzels to munch on as you wait for your food. On this particular visit, I tried the hand rolled butternut squash ravioli which sounded really good (and it was the special that day). I even asked the waitress about it and was told it was one of her favorites. Well, when it came, I couldn't have been more surprised. There were maybe only twelve raviolis on my plate, and that was it. There was no side dish or vegetable. Just the ravioli on a plate. Needless to say, I was disappointed because I was ravenously hungry and felt like the wait staff should have told me that it was such a small portion and did not come with any accompaniments. Therefore, I ended up trying to eat them as slowly as possible so that they would last. Even though they were good, I didn't feel like they were worth the price ($12-- I mean, really a dollar for each ravioli? I know they're hand made, but really??). This is the first time that I've left a major restaurant still hungry (after paying a big bill) and ended up going home to get something else to eat. Needless to say, this is not what I wanted my first experience to be like and I don't think I'll be going back any time soon.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank stephanieg51
Galway, Ireland
“Best bar in Concord”
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Went here while on holidays in NH. What a great place. Beer selection, staff, food all top class. If only I had it as my local!

Well worth visiting.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Great time at this vibrant pub across from the dome.”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Saturday Night crowds didn't dampen anyone's spirits in this great bar and restaurant. Service at the standing room only bar was prompt and the 25 minute wait for a table went quickly. Pretzels and house-made hommus was excellent. Dinner was typical pub fare with burgers and French dip with au jus all excellent. Service was great; portions well sized complimented by a full bar, great brews and Guinness cold and on tap... a superb evening.

• Visited March 2013
Littleton, Colorado
“Decent place to hang with friends for drinks and above average food in Concord”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My last trip back to NH I stopped here one night for dinner and then another night just for drinks. Dinner was average service, the dining room was mostly full of groups of friends, a very laid back atmosphere, fun and energetic. The food was good, above average for most of the places in Concord. The Fried Brussel Sprouts app was very good.
Second night I went there was for drinks with a group of people. We went downstairs into the more lounge-like area. Service was decent to get drinks, and again, a nice mix of people, very energetic crowd.

• Visited February 2013