“Solid and convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Barley House

The Barley House
Ranked #1 of 157 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Concord's choice for quality food, top-notch service, and fresh local micro-brews. Located across the street from the State Capitol, The Barley House is a popular spot for business lunches, parties, after-work crowds, and culinary pleasure seekers.
Orange County, CA
“Solid and convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stopped in at The Barley House when I pulled off the highway driving from Boston to Hanover. I drove around town until I found an area that looked to offer more substantial fare than the usual New England local "House of Pizza." I parked across from the State Capitol and The Barley House caught my eye. The menu in the window looked great. The experience was very good.

This restaurant ranks high on the usual points: good service, good location, appealing options, good food, appealing options, etc. The Barley House gets extra points for having a creative menu. The slight twists on good pub fare shows thoughtfulness.

I'll return if I'm in the area.

• Visited April 2012

Glendale, California
“Solid pub food experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

We had a fun and friendly meal here this week with excellent calamari and delicious beer. The lobster club wasn't a fave but hubby loved his chicken pot pie and daughter liked her quesadilla. It's not gourmet but it was good value.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank elynchking
Draper, Utah
“Good brews/food but slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

A group of us visited recently and enjoyed the food. Items I recommend are the scallops, mac & cheese and especially the black bean burger -- lots of flavor in that. Many good brews to choose from as well. Unfortunately the service was quite slow, even when the restaurant was only about half full. We waited 30 minutes for the first course and it went on from there. When we were ready to leave, I requested the bill and the server disappeared. After 15 minutes, I got up and found another server to retrieve the bill. Others from my group says this place is typically slow.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Richard C
San Francisco, California
“Good food, busy restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

Food was good. I just ordered the cobb salad with avocado vinaigrette. Their bread basket consists of pretzel sticks and homemade hummus. Waitress was frantically busy. Overall a good meal.

Visited March 2012
sandwich mass
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

Went to BH last Saturday night to take my family out to dinner. Had too wait a few minutes for a table, but expected that for a Saturday night. The waiter brought out hummus and bread sticks for the table and was able to accommodate my wife with a gluten free menu. I am not usually a beer drinking but I did try one of their many micro brews too choose from.
It did take a while for our meals to come out but when they did we all enjoyed them. My burger had to be one of the best burgers I've had in a long time. Come to find out that they grind their beef for their burgers daily. My wife enjoyed her pumpkin soup and salad and the kids liked the burgers and sandwiches.
So if your in the Concord area you must try the Barley House.

• Visited February 2012

Been to The Barley House? Share your experiences!