“We loved this place!”

Description: Relaxed Atmosphere with a Touch of Class
North Hartland
“We loved this place!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

What a great place! If you are in the area, it's a must. We had a fantastic dining experience...can't wait to go back!

Perkinsville, Vermont
“Exceeded Expectations”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Went here once about 3 months ago and it was very average for the area. We made a repeat visit last night, not expecting any improvements and at a loss for where to go on a Tuesday night - but we were very surprised! Food and service were very good. Burger made with local beef (a recent change for the better) was 100% better than the frozen puck we had last time. And cooked perfectly to temperature. Live music was very pleasant and not too loud. We ordered the egg roll sampler for an appetizer for 2 and it was so much food that we couldn't finish our dinners and took them home. So - very fair prices, nice atmosphere, pleasant service and tasty food. We will officially put this on our 'where should we have dinner tonight' short list. Good job New Socials!

nh
“Fresh responsible ingredients”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic menu with excellent whole foods. Environmentally responsible choices. fresh greens. overall delucious. Service top notch. Daniel was great!

Windsor, Vermont
“Great burgers on Burger Night on Thursdays”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

As a local, I hear about New Socials often when I ask friends where they like to eat. Finally I had the opportunity when family came to town from Long Island. They don't take reservations, and we didn't need to wait for a table at this time of year for 7:00 p.m.

The menu just the right size to tempt you towards many dishes while not making you feel overwhelmed. http://newsocialsbarandgrill.com/menu.html is on their website. I rarely eat red meat, but I do indulge in a hamburger if I am in a restaurant that serves good ones. Thursday night is burger night, so I chose a burger off their burger specials menu. It was the Texas Tumbleweed. One family member chose the boursin burger, and the other person chose a black bean burger. We all loved them. They weren't so stuffed with condiments that you couldn't taste the burger or the other components. It was perfect!

We also had beer and wine but were too full for dessert.

I didn't pay the bill, but it wasn't too much. With my family from Long Island, it was a cheap night for great food.

Our server was attentive and friendly. He came out to let us know when our food was about to come out. He asked how we were and if we needed anything else.

I will come here again.

As everything is in the part of the country, dress is whatever you want it to be with casual being the most common. The restaurant was originally Sophie & Zeke's, which was my favorite until it closed because of financial difficulty. The owners renovated the space that was an old downtown retail space. I'm glad to see that another great restaurant has taken the place and filled it.

Parking is easy downtown on the street. I've never had a problem finding a space.

• Visited June 2013
Sauk Rapids, Minnesota
“Great Find”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Nice atmosphere, reasonable prices and good service. We ate here on a Wednesday evening and took advantage of the $2 tap beer special. They had a nice variety of menu options. I decided on the Mushroom Swiss sandwich and it was delicious!

• Visited June 2013