Claremont Motor Lodge
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hilltop Motel(Newport)
View Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Springfield(Springfield)
Newport Motel(Newport)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 30, 2009

The motel offers good rooms at a reasonable rate. They have done some refurbishing which makes the motel worth staying at. The only issue we noticed was a slight smell of mustiness in the room.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CARETAKER66
Reviewed November 17, 2008

My four-year-old Son and I stayed at the Claremont Motor Lodge for a week in August (2008). The Owners had just installed new siding and windows and the contractors were finishing up around the office area and had the soffits and fascia boards left to replace. The furniture, bedding and drapes appeared new as well. The room was clean and furnished with a sofa bed, coffee table, queen size bed (extremely comfortable), large four-drawer dresser, coat/hat shelf, small refrigerator, microwave and TV. To my surprise, we also had free wireless internet! The bathroom was clean and included a tub/shower. The Motor Lodge is located on the opposite side of the river from the main road (just cross a bridge and you're there) in a residential area, so it was very quiet - no street noise. The office had free coffee and muffins/bakery items every morning. Our first morning there, my Son walked out of our room and asked why the air smelled different. I told him to breath in deep - "that's clean air, Son! Just clean air" (We live outside of Atlanta, Georgia). As a transplanted New Englander, I really enjoyed my stay at Claremont Motor Lodge and being back up North.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank DebsF1CRZY
Reviewed May 4, 2008

It's been said it isn't the Ritz and that's true. However, it is clean, quiet and reflects the NH lifestyle. The place sits off the road in a residential/rural area away from traffic and loud noises: yet each room is visible from the office and the restaurant on the other side of the stream.

The towels could be thicker and those cold Spring nights could stand for the heat to work: but you can get extra blankets and a sweat shirt worked fine too.

They accept dogs for a fee and there's plenty of space along the stream to walk them but bring a long lead because there's a berm; unless you're into climbing.

Good location, nice folks and the unhappy patrons are probably too sophisticated to appreciate the basics.

Only downside is that it is not conducive to working with your laptop, though they do have wireless. Only place to sit is on the couch and bend over coffee table; it's just hard on your back but I've been in more expensive places with the same problem.

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank travelwarriorette
Reviewed February 18, 2008

Six of us went skiing in Sunnapee and had to stay here because everything else was fully booked. Turned out great. The place had the basics, everything we needed and was great value for money because it was far less expensive than anything else. Short drive to the mountain was well worth it. Friendly manager included.
Dutch Snow Boys

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank bulgeloop
Reviewed January 25, 2007

Like I said you get what you pay for. I have stayed at this motel numerous times over the past 10 yrs or so both under the old owners and the new. Have always found it to be clean and pleasant and both sets of owners to be very accomodating of me the guest. Over time the new owners have and are updating and upgrading the rooms. And have actually implemented some suggestions I made to them. I have always found them to be courteous and pleasant. Its not the Hilton but your not paying Hilton prices either.Its a comfortable room, clean, and a nice place to get a good nights sleep. Its economical for the budget minded traveler. I wish the owners much prosperity in the upcoming year, keep up the good work, I hope to have the opportunity to travel to the area again soon.

Don L