“Out of the ordinary all right, but not in a good way”

Out of the Ordinary
Ranked #25 of 45 Restaurants in Claremont
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Hartford, CT
“Out of the ordinary all right, but not in a good way”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We tried Out of the Ordinary due to the positive reviews on Tripadvisor. Sorry to say my husband and I were very disappointed. The waitress was sweet but very ditsy. I ordered the steak tips and my husband ordered a bacon cheeseburger and fries. He requested a house salad and a salad came with my meal. We waited about 30 minutes for our food. The salads came out at the same time as our entrees, minus my dressing. My lukewarm steak tips were grayish (boiled?) and tasted like vinegar. I asked them to be cooked medium, but they were well done. My husband's burger was missing the bacon and his fries were hot, but not even golden in color. Just step above raw. He requested his burger well done, but it was medium. We would have surely complained if we weren't starving. We overheard the waitress apologizing a few times for mistakes at different tables (wrong soda, wrong order). The food was just edible and we will definitely not be returning! The tables were a little crowded, but the decor was kind of cute. In their defense, the pizza looked pretty good. I wish we had gone with the pizza... Better yet, we should have just gone to the Common Man Restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank E M

Claremont, New Hampshire
“Good food and ample portions”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My family and I have eaten at Out of the Ordinary on several occasions and have always found the food to be consistently good. Their homemade macaroni and cheese is creamy and delicious. I particularly like their ziti which is full of different meats and wonderfully flavored tomato sauce and cheese. We have even had it delivered to our home at times. Their chicken fingers are also very good served with good French fries. Their specials are also good and the prices are reasonable. I must say you will never go away hungry and their portions are more than ample. We always have left overs to take home for lunch the next day. Very good, casual dining restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
“VERY GOOD”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

they have great Nacho's and Spring Rolls. I love going there the owners are so fun and nice. Pizza is Amazing

Visited February 2014
“Don't go as a group”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

9 of us went to this place for Christmas Eve. Two ordered calzones, 3 ordered burgers, 1 soare ribs, 3 ordered sirloin tips. Our orders were place by each family. We asked the waitress if that would be okay. (There was one waitress forthe entire dining area, and with the way she visited with with other tables, I can understand why things happened the way it did) Our order was taken at 5:05. At 5:10 drinks came out and shortly after salads for those that ordered a meal came out. The calzones came out at 5:15. Next came the spare ribs, then two of the burgers came out at 5:25. Then to orders of sirloin tips came at 5:35. Last burger came out at 5:50 and the last sirloin tips out at 6:05. It had been missed. The calzones were hot and good. First two orders of tips were luke warm. The spare ribs were dry. The last burger came out luke warm and the homemade fries were super greasy. The last sirloin tips were hot, but because they were forgotten the restaurant took it off their bill. If I was to go here again it would never be with a group and never for anything but for pizza or a
calzone.

• Visited December 2013
Claremont, New Hampshire, United States
“Its good...very good”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I'd stay away from the pizza and focus more on their other choices for food. Had a brisket sandwich and fries that was amazing.

• Visited October 2013