“so so sushi”

Kouzoku Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #8 of 45 Restaurants in Claremont
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed May 23, 2013

It's ok. Not the best Japanese cuisine I have but for small town it's sufficient. A find it expensive for the food they offer.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

EXCELLENT service and we VERY much enjoyed the Hibachi Grill foods and SHOW !!!....It was a family night for us made extra special by the GREAT show exhibited by our Hibachi Chef !!!...We tried several appetizers..ALL delicious especially the LOBSTER ROLLS and EDAMAME !!!...We chose different Hibachi meals all of which were cooked to absolute perfection by our Hibachi Chef !!!

I can HIGHLY recommend this Hibachi style restaurant for GREAT foods..friendly atmosphere and attentive staff !!!

1  Thank STEPHANIE N
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My girlfriend and I ordered the Thai Masaman currie dish. What we got was essentially watery soup completely devoid of even the slightest trace of curry. The vegetables appeared to be frozen, and the few pieces of seafood included three shrimp (which weren't deveined), a few scallops, and a few pieces of two other types of mystery fish (not sure I want to know). I struggled to finish mine; the end couldn't come fast enough. Amused by how bad the dish was, I burst out laughing uncontrollably as I was chewing it and ended-up inadvertently spitting a few grains of rice across the table onto my girlfriend. It was that bad. My girlfriend only managed to eat a few bites of hers.

The salads that were included with the meals were small and comprised of the cheapest lettuce money could buy; however, my girlfriend did like the salad dressing.

I tried the salmon roll as an appetizer, which wasn't bad.

In fairness to the restaurant, my girlfriend said that she formerly had the steak hibachi there and liked it. Additionally, the waitress was pleasant and the place was clean.

I won't go back. If you eat there, avoid their "Thai" dishes.

1  Thank Greg0ry
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The food quality is ok but the atmosphere and food portion size for Habachi is laughable. Make the drive to West Lebanon instead.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Best Japanese Food in the area! Grill chefs are good, service pleasant. The Sushi is very good. Overall a good experience every time.

1  Thank Rolf7123