“A very pleasent experience”

Common Man Restaurant Claremont
Ranked #3 of 45 Restaurants in Claremont
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jax Beach, FL
“A very pleasent experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

An enjoyable evening with my cousin and his wife. Didn't eat any appetizers but the main courses were, on the whole, very good. I had one of evenings specials, crab stuffed haddock. A good choice, the crab meat was fresh and it was baked to perfection. The baked potato and veggie medley were a bit overcooked. His wife had another special, the blue crab stuffed ravioli and she loved it. He had the mixed grill and said it was very good, but the baked potato was also cooked a bit too long.
The service was excellent. A nice atmosphere but can be a bit noisy if your seated near the bar. Would recommend the outdoor seating area by the river if the weather is agreeable. Will definitely return.

1 Thank JRTHEMR

Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Ambience on Banks of Sugar River”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

In an old restored mill on the banks of the Sugar River is The .Common Man Restaurant and Inn.
It was suggested to us by a Park Ranger as being the best in the area after visiting Saint Gaudens. It was great! I had a lobster roll with sweet potato fries and my friend had pot roast.
We were very happy with the service, atmosphere and quality of food. This restaurant group provides
cheese (hard and spreadable) with various crackers as a help yourself buffet. After many days of rain, we had a great view of the river which was high was forceful. After completion of our
lunch, the waitress brought the bill tucked inside an old book.....how unique.....and also a beverage napkin with some chucks of white chocolate. I would love to return and stay at the inn and enjoy several meals there.

1 Thank Schatzi539
Goffstown, New Hampshire
“An OK Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is our second trip to this restaurant. My husband had the pot roast again and I had the pan fried pork medallion. My husband's comment was "I won't order this again"...enough said.
My pork medallion was a bit over salty, but OK. The best thing about the lunch was the mashed potatoes and gravy. This restaurant has a "help yourself" cheese and cracker section. The horseradish cheese spread is delicious and the cheddar is very tasty. However, I have had enough of this restaurant. The view of the Sugar River is wonderful and the old mill atmosphere is nice, but the food is mediocre.

Windsor, Vermont
“The food is always excellent and special.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

As a local, I like to visit restaurants that are consistently great and that make you feel like you are getting your money's worth. The Common Inn is such a restaurant, however it costs more than most restaurants in the area.

I've eaten here with family and also after a long hike. Casual wear is embraced here, but you can dress up, too. You can pay as little as you would like if you order an appetizer and soup as your entree, like I did after a hike.

I came with family from Long Island, and they found the food to be excellent and the value was no different than what they would pay in their "resort" town.

I had Haddock Oscar, which was very good. Menu items have wine suggestions by them, so I picked the recommended Pinot Grigio to go with it. One person had a large bowl of Lobster Corn Chowder as an entree because she wasn't able to eat much. Another person had a cucumber salad, cup of Lobster Corn Chowder and Baked Haddock. He loved all of it, but it was too much food. The other person had Baked Scallops made Casino style. He loved it and found it to be just enough food for him. Two wines, two beers, and two scotches then two of us shared a bread pudding.

I didn't pay the bill, so I don't know the final price, but it was probably a little over $100 for everything. Well worth it!

We sat outside by the Sugar River. Our server was not as attentive as we would have liked, and at times we were sitting and waiting for the next stage to happen. Other servers did come by and refresh drinks and check on things. It wasn't a super busy time on a Friday evening about 7 p.m.

Parking is easy in a lot across from the Inn. You may walk into the Inn lobby then down the stairs then take a path to the restaurant. Or you may take the stairs on the left of the Inn directly to the restaurant.

You can also sit at the bar and eat off the bar menu. There is a lounge section in front of the fireplace with games. In the winter the fire is going, and people will gather there to nibble and drink while socializing.

It's in an old woolen mill that was renovated and is really nice.

Reservations are only accepted for parties of 6 or more people.

Visited June 2013
Sturbridge, Massachusetts
“Salt City”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had lunch on a beautiful day and enjoyed the patio. The setting is great and it's wonderful to see an old mill put to good use. Service was fine, but we can't say the same about the food. The wine list, especially by the glass was limited. Both our our lunches were overly SALTY. Heads up--salt does not equal flavor. We had heard good things about the Common Man, but based on our dining experience we won't be back. BTW-- $50 plus tip for 2 glasses of wine and 2 sandwiches????

• Visited June 2013