All reviews old mill continental breakfast sugar river river view exposed brick cotton swabs jetted tub covered walkway escargot corner suite outdoor patio sleeper sofa new england the ground floor chain hotels beautiful hotel staff was very friendly and helpful
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Claremont, New Hampshire is a small New England town with many charmingly restored factory buildings made of brick. There are two waterfalls close to the building, which is now a hotel, and which used to be a source of energy to the factory but is now a part of the charm.

The falls are close to the outside part of the restaurant which adds to the hotel's uniqueness, and the food is known to be quite good although we only had breakfast there. The rooms are comfortable in size, so one does not feel squeezed, but they are not spacious. The elevator is somewhat antiquated but that is part of the ambiance as well. The staff, especially in the dining room, could not do enough for us - they were delightful.

We look forward to another stay at The Common Man Inn, but we don't go to Claremont, New Hampshire too often.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed 6/18. Bottom Line: Excellent hotel but parking is big issue.

Located near downtown area, the hotel is in a nicely restored woolen mill building. Other businesses occupy the upper floors of the building. A good restaurant owned by the hotel sits on the property in a separate building. Biggest problem is parking. Only 6 spaces available near the hotel. There is a parking garage several hundred yards down the street or you can fight government workers for their spots until they go home in the evening.

Check in was friendly and professional. Our room was at street level and was large and well furnished. Everything about the room was top notch. Beds ultra comfortable, furniture and wall adornments attractive and a flat screen TV with plenty of channels.

Expect to pay top dollar for this place, but it is as good as anything you'll find for many miles around.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Stayed here last year and had a very good experience. This year not as much. Desk help not very helpful. Would not take our letter to mail, we had to walk down the street to a mail box, even though they mention in their brochure that they will take care of your mail. Did not have any info about their attached restaurant, we had to go down and find out for ourselves. Ran out of parking spaces so we had to park down the street in a public free lot. Free, but we were worried about how safe it was. Room was still very clean and comfortable. Nice amenities. Breakfast was better last year.

Room tip: Pick one on the street side to save $$
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank maxwell1323
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I would definitely stay here again, but I would ask for any room except the one that backs up to the elevator. Everything was exceptionally positive except for this. The elevator is quite noisy but luckily they didn't use it during the night. Late evening and early morning only. I'm sure any other room would not have heard it. Otherwise, it was very enjoyable, clean and pleasant.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

My family and I love this place. I first stayed for an offsite management meeting and now I have gone back several times to stay with my family. We stay here when we ski at nearby Sunapee. We stay in one of the 2 level rooms with a great view over the River, my kids call it the rock room because the lower level is built into the foundation of the Mill ...really nice! My kids sleep upstairs and my wife and I downstairs with the fireplace. Truly one of the most unique properties I have ever stayed at. Great lobby area to hang out in and play a game if checkers and the property has a very good restaurant as well. All the staff are outstanding and make the visit more enjoyable. A beautiful restoration of this old mill building.

Date of stay: February 2014