“Great Place to Stay”
Review of The Common Man Inn

The Common Man Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Claremont B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Awesome renovated mill buildings. My room had a nice view of the river.

The room was very comfortable. The restaurant was a short walk away. It had great food and drinks. Free continental breakfast too.

Highly recommend! The hot tub was nice. There is parking located in a public parking deck. It's a little walk away, but free. The only problem I had was the internet access through the wifi would drop out in the morning but would be working when I got back in the afternoon.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We live locally & wanted an option for NYE that would allow us to park, enjoy the night & not worry about driving home. The Common Man far-exceeded our expectations. The lobby was beautiful for the holidays, check-in was prompt & perfect. Our room was quaint, with exposed brick, a blackout draped on the bed, and a cozy sitting area too. The room is complete w/ a list of local dining spots, not just their own, local entertainment, events, things to do, etc… really above & beyond to make their guest enjoy the area, and their stay.

we enjoyed the hot tub downstairs to relax before our night out- really nice amenity! Breakfast next door at the Common Man was very well done. We have grown to love the bar area at the Common Man, so NYE for a quick drink before our dinner reservations for the evening (at New Socials) was a must.

all in all… a gem in the area!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed one night. Room spacious and clean. Very quiet also. Lovely old building with view of river.
Breakfast good, as well as service. Covered parking lot near inn very convenient.
We had dinner in their restaurant, which was average.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2013

So just so that you know, I was born in this quaint little town, but moved away when I was 11, about 40 years ago. Wanted to take new hubby to my old birthplace, and heard about this renovated inn. When I was a kid it was a mill of some type, maybe abandoned. Wow! What a beautiful place. It's part hotel, part museum, because they have some very cool photos blown up as their art, with explanations of each. I did not know there was so much history in the building...(they made the linens for the Titanic in the mill that was formerly occupying the Inn). I had a street view, which was still super quiet...I guess the brick walls give a lot of soundproofing. The place is just beautiful and next time I will get a room on the river side, because it is mesmerizing. I stayed for three nights and there was a breakfast included...silly me...I didn't check out the breakfast until the last morning...breakfast was in the attached restaurant and it was fabulous. Just kicked myself for missing it the first two days. They really did this renovation right, and the nice details like the soap! shampoo! conditioner dispenser instead of tiny little bottles! was classy.

Room Tip: River side for more ambience.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank laulea84Arkansas
Reviewed November 13, 2013

What a fantastic place!!! The staff was very friendly and helpful - they upgraded my room when they realized I had my 12yr old son with me and one queen size bed wouldn't do. My son ended up with a fever and the front desk person made sure to bring me aspirin and do everything he could to make sure we were ok and comfortable. The atmoshpere is beautiful - there is a fireplace in the the lobby with free hot chocolate, coffee, tea and cookies. It is such a warm and cozy place. The rooms are very, very clean and a nice size. The bed was so comfortable, we had a hard time falling asleep when we got back home. We ordered room service, the food was delicious. I wish we went to the restaurant while there but we didn't have the time. I will definitely be back, this is now one of my favorite places to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kelley P
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I am not into boutique off the beaten path hotels at all. But if you are ever in the area and need a place to stay, skip all the chains (hard for this Marriott devotee to say) and stay here. And eat at the restaurant attached to the hotel. I had escargot, ceasar salad and a perfectly cooked piece of salmon. This is an old mill converted to a modern inn and the completely updated ammenities blended with the rustic beams and decor are incredible. Ask for a river view, what a peaceful rush to fall asleep to after a long day. To say I'm a hotel snob is not a stretch so those that know me know this is a good hotel. Enjoy!!

Btw, the beds are huge feather topped and incedibly comfortable!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 12pmer
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Very pretty inn close to Mt. Sunapee.
Pros: Beautiful decor. The mill building renovations are great. Comfortable room. Clean. Good attention to sustainability and recycling. Covered walkway to the restaurant. Neat hot tub room, I had the whole thing to myself!
Cons: Not too soundproof (but not bad considering it is an old mill). In the morning, the water from the sink and shower was yellow. I didn't want to take a bath or brush my teeth in it. That was not the case at night. The floor above us was undergoing some sort of renovation, and workers were talking loudly, hammering, and dropping things at 8:30am. Next time we would ask for a bottom floor room.

Room Tip: Bottom floor rooms would probably be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LDC1795
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claremont
Holiday Inn Express Springfield
Snapdragon Inn
Snapdragon Inn
#1 of 4 in Windsor
Mountain Edge Resort & Spa at Sunapee

Been to The Common Man Inn? Share your experiences!