The Common Man Inn
Rodeway Inn(Claremont)
$65
Holiday Inn Express Springfield(Springfield)
$114
HIExpress.com
$108
$121
Sunapee Lake Lodge(Mount Sunapee)
$99
$259
$233
The Lake Inn at Mt. Sunapee(Newbury)(Great Value!)
$89
Castle Hill Resort And Spa(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
$232
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsold millsugar rivercontinental breakfastriver viewexposed brickcotton swabsjetted tubcovered walkwayescargotattached restaurantpot roastcorner suiteoutdoor patiosleeper sofanew englandgreat roomthe ground floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2012

a great view.in old textile mill.they did a great job.stayed with my service dog girl from fron desk brought a food and water bowl. a milk bone withd dods name on it and a bed for the dog a great tuch dod cant wait to go back.they are pet friendly

Room Tip: get river view
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank thedipman
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I stayed here for business, and I was so impressed that I've considered vacationing in the area just to stay there again. The room was gorgeous, clean, and unique; I felt like I was staying at a stylish friend's home rather than a hotel. The restaurant's food was delicious, plentiful, and inventive. The staff was friendly and helpful, too. The last time I had to come back to the area for business the inn was all booked up, and I was really disappointed... but I drove miles out of my way to eat there every night!

Room Tip: There are streetside and riverside rooms-- I got a streetside and slept fine. It isn't noisy at all.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank plz_thx6
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Bought a groupon coupon for the CMI. We wanted to upgrade the room, and pay the difference but that wasnt allowed? They also wouldnt let you chose river view/garden view Or king/queen bed... I am very saddened as I have heard this place is very nice. I will be returning my groupon and looking for a more accommodating place.

Room Tip: Doesnt mater, they dont let you choose your own room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tanya_Maire
Reviewed February 14, 2012

My wife and I have eaten here twice. Prior to them coming to Claremont, we heard many, many wonderful things about the Common Man. The first time we went, after having such high expectations, we were disappointed with the quality of the food and the length of time it took for our meal to be served. However, since rarely get out, we enjoyed talking. Tonight, when we went, the service was slow and the food was fine...nothing to write home about. If we didn't have a gift card, we probably would have gone somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dnumme
Reviewed February 3, 2012

My husband and I spent three nights at the Common Man in late September. We had a room overlooking the Sugar River. Great large room and great view. The hotel is in a unique set of buildings, with a nice lobby (very cute dog mascot!) and friendly staff. We ate at the restaurant twice for dinner and had very good food. The breakfast that comes with the room, also at the restaurant, was very good. Lots of typical contintental breakfast options but done well and the food was all very good quality. The hotel is, as one writer mentioned, in a so-so town but the central location at the convergence of several local highways makes it a great location to explore Vermont and New Hampshire. The only noise we experienced was one night when a group of people came back to a room and were obviously partying. Not much a hotel can do about that. We enjoyed the hotel and restaurant and will definitely return. Wonderful ambience.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the river - great view and drowns out any other noise.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family