“Late Lunch Great Service Good Sandwich”
Review of Harbor Deli

Harbor Deli
Ranked #4 of 6 Restaurants in Hatteras
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed September 6, 2013

After driving the family to the end of the road in Hatteras we stopped for a late lunch at the Harbor Deli. The seating is on bar stools at bar style tables. The service was order at the register. The wait staff was pleasant and accomodating. The food came out relatively quickly and was delivered to the table by the wait staff. My wife and I had a Rueben sandwich and it was very good. My mother had the Shrimp burger and thought it was excellent. This was something she had never had before and wished she could get the reciepe. My son had the special Tuna steak sandwich and noted that it was very good. The cost was $45 for four. All in all it was a great lunch for everyone.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We found this deli on trip advisor ( of course!) and we weren't disappointed! The deviled eggs were fabulous, they made us breakfast during lunch time, and the fries were perfectly crispy. The dining area was perfect- stools and beautiful hardwood tables overlooking the marina. Exactly what we were looking for!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Came to Harbor Deli during 4th of July week after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. Four of us enjoyed the homemade shrimp burgers for lunch. Great tasting food and a friendly local place to stop and enjoy of the view from the marina. Staff made the experience great fun.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is the place to get breakfast. It is not super fast but the food is good. Not a lot of options but what they serve up is quality breakfast food. My husband loves the inshore burrito wrap and I like the Buck. No frills, but good food, with a good view of the docks. This is a stop we will always make in Hatteras.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

The girls will remember me as the crazy girl from Hatteras Bingo and NJ who would not stop obsessing over the best potato salad I have ever had! They make the best potato salad and THE BEST DEVILED EGGS EVER! We went there for breakfast and lunch and both were delicious. I even ordered the potato salad with my breakfast sandwiches! The restaurant is spotless, clean and inviting. The choice of breakfast sandwiches are just right, especially the wrap with the egg spinach and homemade salsa. It's called the INSHORE. We added bacon and it was absolutely delicious. The Islander is a favorite fishcake sandwich that is a must!! When Kaia's kitchen was around, I ate their potato salad, but the owners moved, and now by luck I found Harbor Deli. You can sit and watch the boats leave or come in, on a cute little patio, the food is amazing, the owner really takes care of you and all the counter staff are so sweet. To be honest, I would have eaten there every morning and lunch if I wasn't traveling around the island, in fact when I was away I was still thinking of the potato salad I could have been eating! LOL Seriously, this is one place that is clean, inviting, great owner, and most importantly great fresh food. Its tucked away and the sign is small so look for it!!! You will thank me for sending you there, and you will make it a place where you must go on a regular basis during your vacation. Now that I'm back in Jersey I'm sad, and still thinking about all the great potato salad I'm missing at Harbor Deli!! :-)

2  Thank stcygrl1214
FirebirdNC, Owner at Harbor Deli, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you SO much, you were a true pleasure to meet and we are so happy that you enjoyed our food especially the potato salad. I am really picky about potato salad and I think ours is just the right mix. Thank you for appreciating a part of our menu that can be overlooked as a "side". Sometimes the little things will make the meal. We look forward to your next visit and the tater salad will be waiting :)