“As good as I remember from our last visit”
Review of Harbor Deli

Harbor Deli
Ranked #4 of 6 Restaurants in Hatteras
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, NC
“As good as I remember from our last visit”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is the place to get breakfast. It is not super fast but the food is good. Not a lot of options but what they serve up is quality breakfast food. My husband loves the inshore burrito wrap and I like the Buck. No frills, but good food, with a good view of the docks. This is a stop we will always make in Hatteras.

Visited July 2013

Hamilton, NJ
“BEST POTATO SALAD ON THE ISLAND! AND MORE!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The girls will remember me as the crazy girl from Hatteras Bingo and NJ who would not stop obsessing over the best potato salad I have ever had! They make the best potato salad and THE BEST DEVILED EGGS EVER! We went there for breakfast and lunch and both were delicious. I even ordered the potato salad with my breakfast sandwiches! The restaurant is spotless, clean and inviting. The choice of breakfast sandwiches are just right, especially the wrap with the egg spinach and homemade salsa. It's called the INSHORE. We added bacon and it was absolutely delicious. The Islander is a favorite fishcake sandwich that is a must!! When Kaia's kitchen was around, I ate their potato salad, but the owners moved, and now by luck I found Harbor Deli. You can sit and watch the boats leave or come in, on a cute little patio, the food is amazing, the owner really takes care of you and all the counter staff are so sweet. To be honest, I would have eaten there every morning and lunch if I wasn't traveling around the island, in fact when I was away I was still thinking of the potato salad I could have been eating! LOL Seriously, this is one place that is clean, inviting, great owner, and most importantly great fresh food. Its tucked away and the sign is small so look for it!!! You will thank me for sending you there, and you will make it a place where you must go on a regular basis during your vacation. Now that I'm back in Jersey I'm sad, and still thinking about all the great potato salad I'm missing at Harbor Deli!! :-)

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank stcygrl1214
FirebirdNC, Owner at Harbor Deli, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you SO much, you were a true pleasure to meet and we are so happy that you enjoyed our food especially the potato salad. I am really picky about potato salad and I think ours is just the right mix. Thank you for appreciating a part of our menu that can be overlooked as a "side". Sometimes the little things will make the meal. We look forward to your next visit and the tater salad will be waiting :)
Columbus, Ohio
“Great for take-out”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was in a group out all day on a charter so we ordered breakfast & lunch takeout. I had a egg & country ham on a small biscuit for breakfast and the "Kite" (curried chicken salad) on a croissant, which I absolutely loved, for lunch. The menu is extensive, so you are sure to find something you like. Take-out orders must be placed by 3 pm the day before. The deli opens at 5 am, which is great when your boat leaves at 5:30!

• Visited June 2013
FirebirdNC, Owner at Harbor Deli, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your visit with us, thanks for the review.
Edenton, North Carolina
“Great Mahi salad!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great spot to grab a quick snack. Get whatever fresh fish salad is on special--wahoo, mahi, tuna, whatever. It's gonna be good. Ask for some crackers and you've got a meal! They open a little later on Sunday, so just check their hours before you have your heart set on it.

Good service, no complaints. Will always be back.

• Visited May 2013
FirebirdNC, Owner at Harbor Deli, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thanks for the review, if the boats are catching it we are serving it! We are actually usually closed on Sundays unless it is a holiday weekend. Glad you were able to catch us. See you next time.
Chestertown, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great spot for a quick, local bite!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Grabbed breakfast burritos here twice, and also enjoyed shrimp burgers and a beer on the covered porch for a late lunch. Fresh, delicious food, great harbor views and friendly staff.

• Visited May 2013
FirebirdNC, Owner at Harbor Deli, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thanks for the review, those breakfast wraps will certainly keep you going for a while :). Glad you enjoyed the view we love so much.