“Great for camping, eating, chillin' or thrillin'”

Morningside Flight Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Hang gliding and paragliding are taught at this flight park in the New Hampshire mountains.
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This place is phenomenal! The offer tandem hang gliding rides with an experienced instructor, parachute rides, or a trip in their ultra light aircraft. Morningside also has a giant zip-line running through the forest down the back side of their mountain. Morningside flight park also sports some of the best camping around; they have running water but are located far enough from the city that the stars are very visible. I would definitely go here again

3  Thank Michael R

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I've travelled to Morningside several times over the last two years, last time in August 2011. I am an H2 hang gliding pilot and my girlfriend is a beginner paragliding student. She actually started paragliding on this trip and within two half days of training (weather was variable so we only got half of each day) she was able to launch land and had a few flights powered by scooter tow. She was thrilled about it and she can't wait to go back. Her istructor was Heath, very knowledgeable and patient HG and PG instructor, I think that his personality helped her a lot develop a taste for PG. As far as I'm concerned Morningside flight park is unique in the North East in that its stepwise geography allows for gradual progress in flight length and altitude. It is the best place to polish on turning and landing skills under close observation of adept trainers. I plan to return there next month for a landing clinic.
Additional info:
Positive:
- They use ATV to shuttle HGers, PGers and their pilots up to the launch site so you don't have to break down and set up your glider each time you fly or cary it up the hill.
Negative:
- A little hard to find for the first timer so print out your directions or set up your GPS
- ATV shuttle can get expensive if you fly a lot but well worth it

2  Thank Razvan_D
Reviewed September 17, 2010

The staff was very knowledgable and safety consious. We showed up in the morning for two tandem flights and had a great time. After being towed to altitude we stayed aloft for almost 30 minutes. At one point we followed some birds soaring and we too went up with them. Once in a lifetime experience.

2  Thank Dancanfly
Reviewed September 6, 2010

A group of us went over labor day weekend 2010. The experience was just fantastic. The owner and pilot are very friendly, knowledgable and professional. The ride itself was an thrilling. If you are staying overnight the Common Man Inn located in Claremont is a converted mill on the water. Very nice and not too pricy.

2  Thank BillyS44
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Steve, the tandem instructor was amazing. I organized a group of 13 people to go up to tandem hang glide, he made everyone feel comfortable and try to get as many of up even though the forecast didn't look favorable. Red the pilot was very friendly and laid back and even took me up on his ultralight. They were very helpful and friendly. Steve drove his pick up truck to our group's campsite and took a couple of my members to collect wood, branches for our campfire. This is by far the best experience in my life and the service was bar none. We all love hang gliding and can't wait to go up again.

1  Thank Suzieone