“Great Food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2014

we did not have reservations, so they suggested upstairs in the pub - I liked it better than downstairs. Comfortable, not too loud, quick service and the food was delicious! Large portions. I must for this area!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

The four of us had a wonderful dinner last Saturday night at the Corner House Inn. The Inn is old, with lots of little rooms and the bar is in the foyer! The menu is fairly large and the specials just about double the menu! There were almost too many choices. I had the lazy lobster which was excellent, with pilaf and green veggies. My husband had the meatloaf, with beef, pork and venison and loved it. Our relatives had a seafood mix with linguine (judged to be great) and a special with mushroom raviolis and scallops and an eggplant/tomatoes mix which she loved. We didn't sample desserts (having had a late treat of ice cream) but there were 6 or so that sounded great.

We had made reservations since it was Saturday night but it was surprisingly only half filled. Our server seemed to be new and was overly attentive, to the point of being annoying (refilling our water glasses endlessly when we've taken two sips and wanting to clear the bread multiple times when we were still eating it). Aside from this minor glitch, it was a delightful dinner. Go enjoy!!

1  Thank HoldenKathy
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Delicious dinner last evening - If you are looking for a restaurant that delivers on the promise of careful preparation of each dish - make a reservation tomorrow. I understand the place is packed on weekends, but mid-week (early) can result is your ability to walk in and be seated immediately.

Their specialty salads are "fresh" and delicious - plain or dressed with an assortment of side proteins. Plan on a half-salad as the portions are generous. My husband that their prime rib quesadilla - huge and tasty. my sister-in-law had the swordfish special - not only was the fish cooked to perfection, but the veggies were crisp - cooked to perfection. My brother and I both had one of the specialty salads - he chose the sirloin steak topping - I chose the salmon. Both great choices. Save room for dessert if you dare... Delicious creations...
Our server, Lauren, was attentive and pleasant. She stopped by often to replenish water and make sure our meals were cooked to our satisfaction. Their homemade breads were so good, we actually took what was left in the basket home with us - A first!
We'll return often...

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We visited here early one Friday evening just before the tourist season started. They service was great. The staff were all well informed and friendly. The menu and the chef were accommodating towards gluten free. We were served a basket of beautiful bread( not gluten free though) and then a light lettuce salad with our choice of 3 dressings. I had a salmon and shrimp,dish with lobster sauce which was delicious and my friend had the seafood sauté which looked beautiful and she said was delicious. The cost was very reasonable. The dning room was charming and consists of several rooms. There is a pub upstairs, it had live music and served lighter meals.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

We ordered lamb, meatloaf, seafood Diane, lobster and scallop pie, pizza, mussels and Corner House salad. The bread and zucchini bread were delicious. The pizza was very tasty. The mussels were a good size and the broth was fragrant. The side salads were fresh. The entrees were excellent. Loved the Corner House salad that had port infused crasins, Gorgonzola cheese, candied walnuts, fresh greens. You can eat on the main floor or upstairs in the pub. I recommend you make a reservation.

1  Thank Re27k