“Very good!”
Review of Corner House Inn

Corner House Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Sandwich
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Napa, California
“Very good!”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We were driving through Center Sandwich after taking photos all morning. We asked a teen walking down the road where a good place to eat would be and she recommended the Corner House Inn. We decided to give it a try. We got there around 2:30 or so in the afternoon and at this time they were serving off of the dinner menu. We decided to sit upstairs where we were the only customers which was fine. The fireplace looked cozy and it had the feel of a New England home.
The service was prompt, friendly, and perfect. The food was excellent. I ordered the Cornerhouse salad which had greens, candied walnuts, gorgonzola with a maple sherry vinaigrette. The salad was huge and very tasty. My friend ordered the sweet potato polenta which looked wonderful and he said was very tasty. The menu was creative and the food that we ordered met our expectations. Overall a great lunch and I would definitely go back again.

• Visited October 2011

Ossipee, New Hampshire
“Moldy Smelling Restaurant - Are you kidding?”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

My husband and I walked in out of this restaurant. We never sat down because as soon as you walk in you are hit with a strong smell of mold. We looked at the menu, which looked good, but who wants to dine in a restaurant with an overpowering smell of mold? They could also make the front entrance of this restaurant a little more appealing. It looks run down and the landscaping looked like is has not been cared for in awhile.

Visited September 2011
Freedom
“Wine not? Quaint New England town with a very good restaurant”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Tonight we are driving 45 minutes each way to have dinner at the Corner House Inn. It's Monday. Monday is "Wine not?" night. For a couple, you are each served a 3 course, very good meal and a bottle of red or white wine....all for 40 bucks! It can't be beat. The wine is decent and the food is even better. Driving to Sandwich from anywhere is a treat in itself. Love it!!!!

• Visited September 2011
nh
“The Best”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Corner House Inn is one of the best restaurants in New Hampshire. We've enjoyed going there for lunch and dinner for many years and have never had a bad experience.

• Visited September 2010
1 Thank nhcharcat
Conway, New Hampshire
“Could have been 5 stars except for...”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I’ve been hearing ads on the radio from nearby North Conway for close to a year and always wanted a reason to check this place out. On a co-workers recommendation I decided to take my wife over tonight for her birthday dinner. Let’s start with the positives, as there are many! The drive over there is beautiful. I don’t think there is a way into Sandwich, NH that isn’t scenic and classic New England. The atmosphere of the building is amazing. Originally built in 1849 you can feel the history of this place. It is authentic New England. There is only one old small TV in the pub which is great, as it lets you focus on conversation and the meal vrs. what ever is showing on 8 plasma wide-screens. We were greeted and sat right away in a nice nook of the restaurant. Our waitress, Lauren, was very friendly as she described the multitude of specials for the day, including an exotic fish (like swordfish), that I was anxious to try. The beer list included some good local beers from our favorite brewery, the Moat Mountain Smokehouse in N. Conway. We had the calamari appetizer, which was pretty good, and the included salad was good as well. The homemade bread was excellent! Then our meals came. My wife had the Seafood Diana. Salmon, scallops, and shrimp over linguini with a light garlic sauce. It was quite good. I went with the seafood special, and was a little let down. The veggies and rice were excellent, seriously the veggies tasted like they were from the garden that morning. The downside unfortunately was the fish. A bit over cooked and dry, I wished I had specified “medium rare” please. With a menu that specified the fish came almost daily from a Boston fish monger I made the assumption it would not get over-cooked. I would reorder the exact same dish next time, but would be sure to specify medium rare. While we loved the atmosphere and variety of the menu, it was after our meals were delivered that the experience went a bit downhill. Our waitress got one 7 person table after she delivered our food, and we had finished our meals without anyone checking on us to see how we liked it. It’s a golden rule I have from 5 years waiting tables. “3 bites or 3 minutes, ask them how there food is”. Finishing our meals we headed up to the pub for a after dinner drink. The bartender was friendly enough, but while we sat there a group of servers congregated to complain about a customer downstairs who had complained about a meal. Rule #2 I learned while serving. Never complain about guests in front of other guests! All in all, we really want to give the place another try and I am sure we will. You can not beat the type of New England charm this place exhibits. I’m guessing we just witnessed some seasonal college age waitstaff tired of serving for a summer and getting ready to head back to school. We’ll give it another go next time we want to get out of the Mount Washington Valley for dinner.

• Visited August 2011