“The Second Time - Well Not So Great”
Review of Lee Wah

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lee Wah
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed November 29, 2017

I visited Lee Wah on 11/22/2017 while passing through the area. I had eaten there once before and found it quite good - that time.

This time the food was sub-par. I ordered the general's chicken luncheon special and the chicken was pretty good but the pork fried rice lacked taste. It looked (and tasted) like brown rice with a few tiny pieces of grey pork in it.

Service was a bit strained too. The woman handling the bar was also the waitress, server, busboy, and cashier. She handled everything well on my end but they need another person to help out. On top of it it appeared she was also caring for her young son who must have been out of school for the Thanksgiving holiday.

I also had an unfortunate experience when I was delivered a pot of tea I asked for. The pot I received seemed really light so when I looked inside it looked like some sort of potpouri concoction. The waitress apologized for the mix up and promptly brought me a new pot (it wasn't her fault).

The restaurant needs to be careful of things like this.

I recommend skipping this restaurant now instead of visiting it.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

With the ratings so low, I thought this was going to be terrible. The food was actually really good! I would definitely come back for more. Found our new Chinese food restaurant! Friendly employees as well. Don't judge this place by the shabby decor and benches. Food is well worth it.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed March 25, 2017

I finally located this restaurant. It literally is in the back of the building across the street from CruiseCon's offices. Aesthetically it is lacking, but that is made up for by the good food. I had a luncheon special that was boneless ribs, beef terriyaki, pork fried rice, and pork lomein. It was very good and very reasonably priced.

Note - the restaurant is just outside Center Harbor heading towards Moultonboro.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed March 14, 2017

Lee Wah has always been the go-to Chinese restaurant in the Moultonborough-Center Harbor- Meredith area, not because of the food but because it was the only thing around. The new owners have ungraded the ingredient quality, found a new chef and are now serving up delicious Chinese take-out. Prices are reasonable, portions are excellent and the food is terrific. You'd have to drive to Boston or New York to get better. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed November 17, 2016

High quality, best we have had since original owner. Large portions.
Keep it up! Wonton soup, egg rolls and mooshi pork, the best.

Date of visit: November 2016