“Great Spot”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Ate in the bar listening to some great live music which they are trying on Wed evenings. Place has a great vibe, is clean, and comfortable. Music was really good. (Audrey Drake). Scott the bartender is outstanding. Friendly and prompt. Good customer service. As far as food: presentation is food network worthy. Really appealing. I like the varied menu. A little pricey, but there are some cheaper items. Taste is average to above average. I loved the fried goat cheese on the house salad. I had the lobster pie and it was like a lobster stew with puff pastry. A lot of potato and veggies and not a whole lot of lobster in mine. Flavor was very rich. I just wish there was more lobster in it. I will definitely return again. Like this place.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

The atmosphere was nice but a bit noisy. The food was very good and a nice selection. I will go back.

1  Thank Janet S
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We had a delicious meal here at the end of September. We both had chicken hotpot which was very tasty followed by creme brûlée flavoured with maple and pumpkin. An excellent choice. The server was extremely attentive and friendly.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We have come to Center Harbor for many years and are used to pay Boston's price for mediocre food in lake area. Seafood usually are over cooked with no spice and accompanied with water boiled vegetables, again with no spices. Well, we were surprised two nights ago when the arctic char was tender and juicy, with just enough bacon to make sprouts tasty.Salads were fresh and butternut ravioli were just simply delicious with light buttery taste and dough with right amount of chewy texture.Service was excellent and Brendan, the manager, was super friendly and efficient. We decided to skip the dessert because the selections appeared to be typical and not too inventive. This is a very nice place to spoil your appetite, even if you are from Boston.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

On recommendations from several friends who had been to Lavinia's, my husband and I decided to try this restaurant. We did not make reservations, but were greeted warmly by the hostess who asked us if we wanted to be seated in the main dining room or the pub. Both looked very inviting, but we chose the main dining room. Drinks were very reasonable and we shared a HUGE Caesar salad and a delightful appetizer of artichoke hearts. Our main entrees were cooked to perfection and very generous in size. Even the summer squash and zucchini were sauteed very well, still keeping some of their crunch. I saved room for a delicious piece of their homemade chocolate cream pie! We will definitely return to Lavinia's this winter so we can sit by the fireplace!