“Great farm - fun for family, but zoo part was sad”
Review of Charmingfare Farm

Charmingfare Farm
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Candia
BOSTON, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great farm - fun for family, but zoo part was sad”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I will start by saying I am a big supported of local farms and believe in animal welfare. I love the farm and feel that the "farm" animals are treated with kindness and love. My family and I got great pleasure of feeding the goats, llamas, and sheep. The tractor ride and horse drawn hay ride were very nice, especially on a late summer afternoon.
I think they can do without the "zoo" part; perhaps expand more on the "farm" aspect. The zoo animals seemed stressed - pacing back and forth. The nocturnal animals (skunk, raccoon were wide awake during the day and again paced). The enclosures seem small and isolated - even my 6 year old commented on how sad the bears looked.
Overall - I would recommend for other families, as I said the farm part is very nice and the grounds are beautiful - but I wish they would consider moving the zoo animals to a sanctuary or at the very least, offer larger enclosures with additional stimulation.

It was a little pricey, compared to other places like it - a little much for a big family ($15 2yrs +); under 2 free

Visited September 2013
3 Thank KMSTOCKS

“Nice and clean, probably over-priced”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I would like to see greater emphasis on teaching people about farming, and animal husbandry with the domesticated species. I love that stuff!

The wild species on display elicit more pity than wonder, which is understandable given small enclosures with wild natures. Small zoos really can't occupy a good space in this area...it's too expensive.

At the least, come to pet their affectionate goats and at least view the magnificent Oxen Team they maintain and bring to all the local fairs.

in NH
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“expensive”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

A nice little zoo/farm for toddlers but it is quite expensive. The zoo has animals not usually seen on a farm including bears, a camel, and reindeer. The sheep and goats are very friendly and eager to be fed making this a positive experience for the preschooler in our group. You are allowed to bring a picnic lunch and there are many shaded areas with picnic tables. On the day we visited many of the animal enclosures were empty leaving the little visitors very disappointed. Many of the "rides" which include a pony ride, a tractor train, and a hay ride got started late and left us standing in the hot sun for up to 45 minutes. Over all we had a nice time but a glad we had discount tickets and will not visit again despite being locals.

1 Thank KerininNH
Bath, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful!!!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My family and I went here recently and had a blast!!!! The staff was friendly, helpful and fun!!!! We have gone here several times and will do so each year!!!

Manchester, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Horse riding by appointment only”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Only one staff member made this worthgoing. The lady who runs the tractor ride around the place. The guy who did the Harry ride was not very nice. Found out horse rides were by appointment only. Animals do need bigger habitats. Felt bad for the bears coyotes etc. Won't be back.

Visited July 2013