“Special Attention to detail and great wait staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pasquale's Ristorante
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Candia
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Pasquale Bio Pasquale Celone, was born in the small and very picturesque coastal town of Torre Annunziata located just south of Naples at the shadow of Mount Vesuvio. My Papa Mario Celone was - and indeed still is - a hard working masonic builder while my Mamma Rosa still works the family's two acres of farmland, on which they cultivate a variety of commercial vegetables, including lettuce, broccoli rabi and of course the famous Pomodori di San Marzano. My passionate interest in cooking became apparent at a very early age from when I was only about 5 years old, while the other children were outside playing, I was usually to be found in the kitchen with a spoon in my hand helping my nonna and my Mamma as they prepared their wonderful sunday lunch, such as the famosa braciola di carne, polpette di carne And i carciofi arrostiti sui carboni. I learned from them that preparing food is a labor of love, and that its prime reward is seeing the smile on the faces of those who were seated around the family table. After high school I attended the prestigious Culinary Institute of Santa Maria del Toro in Vico Equense, another coastal town a little further south of Naples only about 2 miles from Sorrento. There I studied the secrets of la Cucina della Regione, especially of course i piatti tradizionali of the gulf of Napoli and Salerno such as the exquisite frutti di mare (fruit of the sea) and Piatti a base di Pesce ( fish dishes). While still at the Institute, I was fortunate to secure an apprenticeship at the renowned Torre Saraceni Ristorante on the famous Isle of “Capri”, and there, working for three summers under the direction of some greatest chefs in the region, I perfected my skills in the cucina napoletana - skills which I continues to demonstrate today to the delight of my constantly growing group of smiling customers. I eventually went to the island of Bermuda, were I worked for two years at high-class tourist resort prior to returning to Italy in Order to do my military service. While in the army, I was stationed at yet another seacoast town, this time Bari, in Puglia, It was in Bermuda that I found my lovely Wife Mayela which incidentally she was from Manchester, New Hampshire. My passion and love for food inspired me and my wife Mayela to open our own Ristorante. In May 2000, we open the doors of Pasquale's Ristorante, where with my wife Mayela, Work six days a week to delight and stimulate our customers with unique and authentic Italian dishes. We at Pasquale use simple tasting, old fashioned recipe, and full flavor with a pinch of love in every dish we prepare. Today you can find me with a spoon in my hand preparing delicious meals for you. I have been asked many times way are my dishes so good?? Well my approach to good food is simple: If I don't like it, you don't like it, is that simple! Please stop by my Ristorante, and say hello to me and my wonderful staff; we will be delighted to assist you in the selection of one of my wonderful dishes and perhaps a fine wine from Campania itself. Ciao a Presto. Buon Appetito.
Concord, NH
“Special Attention to detail and great wait staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We went to Pasquale's in mid December with two other couples for a special get together. They seated us, without asking, in the side room so we could have some privacy...it was on a Wednesday night, ok? One couple frequents the restaurant and the rest of us have a bit of travel time to get there. The pickiest couple remarked that it was the best Italian food they have had for years. I had the beet salad with citrus vinagrette....knocked my socks off! Our one Italian attendeee could not get over what attention to detail was paid to the presentation and food quality. The waiter, Craig, was wonderful - engaging but not hovering! After bottles of wine, cocktails and killer food, we left a very happy group. We have plans to return this month.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank LuvingNH

usa
“Once was enough for me”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Wow, what a horrible experience! We waited 2.5 hours for our food, we waited 20 minutes to sit and the table was ready, we waited 30 min just for a drink! Once the food arrived it was worse than the wait! All meals were horrible, steak was so chewy, meatballs were like mush and stuffed mushrooms were just sloppy and only filled with watery cheese. The spag and meatballs were $20 fettuccini was also $18! There was no turnover and no wait. I give it 3 H's, horrible food, horrible service and horrible prices!
Once was enough for me!

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank lv2travel222
The Villages, Florida
“Always a Good Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stopped by for lunch on a rainy Friday. Delicious lunch, great service. A little pricy, but I do love their half plates which is all that I can possibly eat if we have an appetizer. You never feel rushed no matter how large the crowd. Service is excellent.

My only critique is that the atmosphere is feeling a little dated and worn. Wondering if a little face lift would help. Also, having the gelato freezer at the entrance seemed a bit tacky.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
NH
“Better than the north end”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Been here many times. Tried many dishes on their menu, all excellent. From the olives, bread, and dipping oil before the meal, to the homemade pasta, red sauce, and meatballs, to the seafood specials, even the deserts... They are all amazing.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank crazyglue33
Deerfield, New Hampshire
“A little on the pricey side, but worth it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We go here for dinner every once in a while. It's nothing fancy -- on any given day, you will see people in jeans/shorts as well as suits and ties. Still, it's definitely not a pizza parlor or even what I would call a family-friendly restaurant. I'm sure families with small children are treated as nicely as everybody else is, but it's not the kind of place you can go to for a quick meal.

The ambiance is quiet. The servers are very professional. The restaurant is clean and nicely maintained.

The food is delicious. We have never had a bad meal there. Pasquale uses quality ingredients. Appetizer portions are super small, but dinner portions are just right. I don't remember ever having room for dessert at Pasquale's, but I'm sure it's as wonderful as the rest of the food there!

Something I like about Pasquale's is the way the kitchen crew kind of checks in with you as you're leaving. They want to know if they did a good job. They wish you a good evening. It's the little things like this that make a big difference.

• Visited August 2012