“Awesome experience!!!”
Review of Valley Snow Dogz

Valley Snow Dogz
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Campton
More attraction details
Owner description: Sled dog rides and tours during spring, fall and winter months. Wheels during the non-snowy months and sleds during the winter. A family of mushers and their lovable sled dogs. Various locations in the White Mountains and Lakes Region including Waterville Valley, Thornton And Squam Lake. Great fun for families,groups and for special occasions and events. Year-round sled dog education and kennel tours
Reviewed July 26, 2014

This is an absolutely MUST NOT MISS in NH whether you live here or are visiting. Lidia and Richard are warm and welcoming. You can't help but gravitate to their love and passion for their dogs and their sport. We had so much fun and can't wait for the snow to fall to do it again! Great day to spend with family and friends.

1  Thank 978kathleenr
valleysnowdogz, Manager at Valley Snow Dogz, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thank you for your great review. We had such a great time with you both, what a treat! Can't wait to see you both again this season if not before ! We really appreciate your kind words. Best wishes, Lidia

There are newer reviews for Valley Snow Dogz

Reviewed June 11, 2014

If you love dogs and the outdoors you will love this experience! Lidia is skilled and connected to each and every one of those lovely dogs in a way I have never seen. Her passion for nature and animals was something you must see and feel! Go feel the wind on your face, the speed of the sled around every corner and over every bump, and let the dogs lick your face and warm your heart!

1  Thank karen d
valleysnowdogz, Owner at Valley Snow Dogz, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Karen, it was a very memorable experience for us both. Thank you for your kind words and I will look forward to our reconnection. Many thanks, Lidia

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Lidia and Richard are great. The dogz are warm friendly and love to pull. Being out riding across the lake behind a team of dogs with the feel of the wind on your face and the wierdly quiet patter of dog feel in the snow is amazing. Makes you feel like you have stepped back in time. Richard and Lidia are both fun and knowledgeable about the area and dog sledding. This is a wonderful experience that you do not want to pass up.

2  Thank Bdurhans
valleysnowdogz, Owner at Valley Snow Dogz, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thanks so much for your review. We totally appreciate it. It was a great opportunity to take you out onto Squam Lake by dog team. Squam Lake is one of our favorite places to run our tours, it is always so magical out there and the folk at Squam Lake Association are just wonderful. Best wishes, Lidia

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Lidia and Richard create an amazing experience with their happy, smart, and beautiful dogs. We have always loved Squam Lake and spent many summers there. However, going up there in the winter and taking the sled around Moon and other islands was a real highlight. It was SO much fun to take turns in front and on the back of the double sled. What surprised us was that it was also fascinating to learn about dog sledding, how the dogs train, and experience their unique personalities. We are hoping this is one of many experiences we have the Valley Snow Dogz!!!!!!

1  Thank Lornelli
valleysnowdogz, Owner at Valley Snow Dogz, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

It was quite a day on beautiful Squam Lake. So glad we were able to get out there and using the double driver sled was so fun. Thanks for a wonderful review and we really look forward to seeing you both over the summer for a kennel tour !!! Best wishes, Lidia

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I was just going through some photos from the Winter and found my photos from this special day. I've been dying to go on a tour with the Snow Dogz since I first saw them lead Santa to Town Square at Waterville Valley. I liked them on Facebook, studied all of the dogs and their profiles obsessively for a year before my husband bought us a tour for Christmas. We didn't go until March, and it was perfect.

Lidia and Richard's dogs are Hedlund Huskies, a line of Alaskan dogs that have been bred for pulling these sleds and it shows. The joy in their faces when they are running is infectious. At first I felt guilty that these poor dogs were going to lug my big self all over the fields of Campton. But once Lidia and Richard (and Kim and Kelly) start hooking the dogs up to their lines, you can tell, they'd lug and elephant if he could sit in the sled! Tumac, Dougie and Gunsmoke were my absolute favorites. Unlike some working dogs I have met, they were SO friendly and connected with us in a way I didn't expect.

Lidia, Richard, Kim and Kelly have such a passion for what they do! They were happy to chat and answer all kinds of questions. It was interesting to watch how they interact with the dogs as well. They're all natural leaders and it is quite obvious that the dogs adore all of them. There was a great respect between the animals and the people and I enjoyed that energy so much. During the tour itself I liked that I could ask questions, but they also understood how wonderful it was to race across the fields with nothing but the sound of the dogs and the schuss sound of the sled on the snow.

We did the tour in Campton, I know they also do tours right in Waterville Valley, but we wanted a longer experience. I highly recommend it! Next year we are going to bring the whole family. It really is a great learning experience as well as a really cool way to fly around the fields.

2  Thank Bethpen

Beth.. it seems like just yesterday ! We so enjoyed you both and really look forward to seeing you again either during one of our summer 'meet and greets' or during our next tour season. Thank you for a really wonderful review. With best wishes, Lidia