Henry Whipple House
Comfort Inn(Ashland)
Good 3.5/5
Good 3.5/5
Average 3/5
All reviewssconesb bnew hampshireold victorianevery morningexcellent chefhouse is beautifulbeautiful insideown bathroomfall foliageragged mountainwhite mountainsbreakfast was amazingmodern amenitiesguest roomsexcellent stayfrittata
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 14, 2010

My wife and I travel frequently and usually bring our 3 children along. Rarely do we find the accomodations so well suiting. Sandra & Clay were very friendly and the place is immaculate. We really appreciated the attention to detail and the obvious thought that they put into the suite. Next year we will return and look forward to staying here again. Our children really enjoyed it and had plenty of room. A+++ My wife and I highly recommend the Henry Whipple House in Bristol, NH.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2010

Henry Whipple House is a wonderfull Bed&Breakfest to stay in Bristol area. The rooms are clean and beautifull. The breakfast is amazing!!! You also have acces to internet and parking are available. We went there for the Mooseman and Sara (the owner) make sure we had everything we needed. She is a good host. We all spent a great time there.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I was in town for one evening with a friend, and we were fortunate enough to have stayed at the Henry Whipple house. We were greeted by the Owner, who was a sweetheart. She explained how everything worked, how to get in and out, breakfast and such.

It's a beautiful old house, with seemingly endless rooms. My friend and I stayed in the "Weaving Room"... 2 very plush beds, and a large private bath. The room had it's own AC unit, which was great. The whole house is decorated stylishly.

Breakfast was probably the best part... Scones, Omelets, Fresh fruit. We had a chance to relax with the owner, and trade travel stories. All together, an excellent experience!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2010

My partner and I stayed at the Henry Whipple House the night before a triathlon, and the room and hostess couldn't have been more perfect! The room had cable TV, a comfortable bed, and was decorated very well. The hostess, Sandra, was accommodating from the moment I reserved the room: she contacted me before our stay to inquire about any special breakfast needs I might have the morning of my race, she greeted us by name when we pulled into the driveway, and she made it possible for me to return after my race for a quick shower!

I would HIGHLY recommend the Henry Whipple House for anyone looking for a charming, comfortable, and perfect stay in the Bristol, NH area!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2010

We have stayed at the Whipple House twice and enjoyed both times immensely. The first time was early summer and it was a great location in which to tour New Hampshire and Vermont. The second time was during spring break where we used it as a base to hike the mountains. The rooms are spacious, the beds are comfortable, and the gourmet breakfasts are delicious. We brought our teenage son and Sandra and Clay made him feel at home, and he had a great time staying there. Because Sandra provides multiple options for breakfast, he always left the table completely full and happy.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family