“Simply delightful!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Haydenville, Massachusetts
“Simply delightful!”
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I was in town for one evening with a friend, and we were fortunate enough to have stayed at the Henry Whipple house. We were greeted by the Owner, who was a sweetheart. She explained how everything worked, how to get in and out, breakfast and such.

It's a beautiful old house, with seemingly endless rooms. My friend and I stayed in the "Weaving Room"... 2 very plush beds, and a large private bath. The room had it's own AC unit, which was great. The whole house is decorated stylishly.

Breakfast was probably the best part... Scones, Omelets, Fresh fruit. We had a chance to relax with the owner, and trade travel stories. All together, an excellent experience!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
VT
Reviewed June 8, 2010

My partner and I stayed at the Henry Whipple House the night before a triathlon, and the room and hostess couldn't have been more perfect! The room had cable TV, a comfortable bed, and was decorated very well. The hostess, Sandra, was accommodating from the moment I reserved the room: she contacted me before our stay to inquire about any special breakfast needs I might have the morning of my race, she greeted us by name when we pulled into the driveway, and she made it possible for me to return after my race for a quick shower!

I would HIGHLY recommend the Henry Whipple House for anyone looking for a charming, comfortable, and perfect stay in the Bristol, NH area!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
austin
Reviewed June 5, 2010

We have stayed at the Whipple House twice and enjoyed both times immensely. The first time was early summer and it was a great location in which to tour New Hampshire and Vermont. The second time was during spring break where we used it as a base to hike the mountains. The rooms are spacious, the beds are comfortable, and the gourmet breakfasts are delicious. We brought our teenage son and Sandra and Clay made him feel at home, and he had a great time staying there. Because Sandra provides multiple options for breakfast, he always left the table completely full and happy.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed May 26, 2010

A charming B&B in a century-old Victorian. Beautifully restored, each bedroom is decorated in a singular style and has its own bathroom. The owner cooks a fabulous full English breakfast to rival any four star hotel -- always the highlight of our stays (we've been there four or five times now). The town of Bristol sits next to Newfound Lake, with hiking, biking, other outdoor sports nearby. It's also within an easy drive of many of New Hampshire's main attractions (Franconia Notch, Mt. Washington, other noted lakes).

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Brookline, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Sandra is the ultimate hostess, cheerful, accommodating, serving an excellent breakfast! She and her husband Clay know the area well and can give you detailed tips for sightseeing, meals, pretty much anything you can think of!

Bristol is a small, quiet town, making it an easy place to just be. The inn, right near the center, is impeccable, so comfy to have as home base for NH activities in all season, especially outdoor ones, from skiing, to hiking and biking. I've been a guest there in all seasons. From sheets and towels, to decor, it's easy to feel at home in the inn. I sleep better there than I do at home!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Boston
Reviewed February 8, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the inn on a Saturday night after a long day of skiing at Ragged Mountian. We've been staying at B&B's for the past few years and this places is right at the head of the class as far as the typical B&B. The breakfast was fantastic. The room was great. I was very happy with our stay. I have no complaints...

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
cambridge
Reviewed January 26, 2010

My daughter and I do an annual ski weekend and stay at the Whipple House, which is often the highlight of our trip! Sandra makes THE BEST homemade scones (and normally I don't even like scones), the high thread-count sheets are delicious after a day of hiking or skiing or whatever, and the proprietors are super nice and friendly. Did I mention the scones? Sandra offers a scrumptions gourmet menu each morning and great juices and hot drinks. The rooms are clean and comfy and nicely decorated, the WIFI works well, and did I mention the fresh scones?

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Comfort Inn
#1 of 6 in Meredith
Glynn House Inn
Glynn House Inn
#1 of 2 in Ashland

Been to Henry Whipple House? Share your experiences!