“Love the Whipple House!”

Henry Whipple House
Ranked #1 of 4 Bristol B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were here for the NH Marathon and Sandra went out of her way to take care of the runners – providing exactly what I asked for at an early hour and allowing my wife to come back later for the amazing full breakfast. The house is quite spectacular with all the original Victorian features intact. We stayed in The Sewing Room which has a newly renovated bathroom with original stained glass – can’t get that in many places! We had a TV and AC in our room and a great WiFi signal so we could stream a movie on our laptop. This really is a great deal for the price. We loved the location in that we could walk to the race start/finish and all there is in town – Kathleen’s Cottage and The Mill Ice Cream Fudge Factory are a must.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I just came back from my weekend in Bristol at the Henry Whipple house. The owners made me feel welcome right away. The room that I stayed in was nicely done with soft colors and clean floors. I knew I was going to arrive a little late and told them ahead of time but by the time I got up to where the place was it was going to be an hour later than I expected I called frantic that I would loose my deposit and I was assured not to worry they would be there for me and to take my time getting there. The coffee in the morning was great and the scones were out of this world. I would recommend this place to anyone who just wants to get away for the weekend or looking at the fall foliage. I was there to take photos for a wedding on Saturday. I would go back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I can only echo what previous reviewers have stated. We stayed 2 nights and felt completely comfortable and well taken care of. It's charming without being fussy. If you enjoy being in the midst of nice, pretty old things, well chosen, and well complimented ... if you like interesting, local, seasonal, and carefully prepared food served with all kinds of lovely tableware, old mixed with new ... if you like luxurious fine quality fabrics and linens and a comfortable bed ... I could go on, but I'm sure you get the picture. No detail is overlooked here. Everything is well thought out and executed.

Room Tip: Henry's room is flooded with light, which is great, but ... be aware that on a sunny day, this...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We just got back from Bristol and staying at the Henry Whipple House.When I researched B&Bs this one was #1. I can understand why . It is so lovely inside & out. Sandra ,the Innkeeper makes you feel welcome as soon as you arrive . We stayed in the Sewing Room which faced the front of the Inn. The pictures on the web do not do it justice. Everything is so clean and efficient . The breakfasts are amazing .they are all cooked by Sandra & change daily.we would definitely go back again .

Room Tip: All I'm sure are good . We had the Sewing Room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Henry Whipple House In July 2013. My expectations were high as I had already fallen in love with the look of the house. Over the course of our three nights, the experience of a bed and breakfast stay continuously exceeded all of these expectations.
Owners, Sandra and Clay, were incredibly gracious hosts. Sandra's delicious breakfasts and scones were amazing and there were snacks and homemade cookies available for guests to enjoy. Sandra always gave suggestions and directions to different things we could do throughout the day and recommended various restaurants we might enjoy. She even let us use her lounge chairs and towels to bring to the beach saving us the cost of buying them. As a cat lover, a bonus was the two adorable cats that were in the common rooms of the house.
Most importantly of all was the cleanliness of our room. I didn't feel the need to disinfect any part of the room (bathroom included) with Lysol because it was so clean already. We stayed in Henry's Room and it was as beautiful as all the other rooms in the house.
We look forward to visiting the Henry Whipple House in the fall! Laura and John

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed at the Henry Whipple house while picking up our son from summer camp on Newfound Lake. While I was simply looking for a place nearby to stay, I am very happy we found this BnB. The owners went out of their way to make us feel right at home in this meticulously restored, maintained and exceedingly comfortable house. We stayed in the "Guest Room" and found the owner's attention to detail a constant source of amazement and joy, from the stocked refrigerator and water cooler outside our room, to the ever present fresh brownies by the back door. Our room was very spacious, with an extremely comfortable four poster king bed, couch, and fireplace. There is a also private bathroom with a shower in the room, albeit small due to being in a converted closet. Breakfast, which was served from 8 to 9:30AM, was delicious with several options to choose from, and Sandra went out of her way to make accommodations for our diet restrictions (and even mentioned she would make notes for next time). My only complaint would be the WiFi's low signal strength from our room which could be easily resolved with another WiFi access point or repeater. In short, the Henry Whipple House is a very comfortable, and given the included gourmet breakfast, an affordable place to stay in the Bristol area. We will certainly choose to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We absolutely loved our stay at the Henry Whipple House. The owners have painstakingly and lovingly restored this beautiful Victorian home to give visitors a step back in time experience that is warm, comfortable, and welcoming. Everything was so clean, with attention to detail in decor and comfort amenities. Loved the high-quality fluffy towels and sheets on the bed. Breakfast was delicious and photo-worthy---we took a picture of our plate before the first bite every time. Sandra offered Southern-style welcome with an English accent! This beautiful home is close to many places on a tourist's list: Newfound and Winnipesaukee Lakes, Polar Caves, and the Kancamagus Highway, and several good restaurants. We would absolutely recommend The Whipple House to area visitors--it is truly a traveler's gem.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Henry Whipple room. It was upstairs in the front. Lots of sun during the day, and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Comfort Inn
#2 of 6 in Meredith
Steele Hill Resorts
Steele Hill Resorts
#1 of 1 in Sanbornton

Been to Henry Whipple House? Share your experiences!