“disappointed- again!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Heard there were improvements; well not as far as I could tell. Sign at the bottom of the hill said Halibut today and a 32oz Cowboy steak. So my wife and I headed up for dinner on a quiet Sunday night. Unfortunately they were sold out of halibut and the waiter wasn't sure how big the ribeye was. Over 16 oz he thought?? Well come to find out they did have the steak advertised- ordered it medium rare. My wife had the Tuna and it was very good except it probably sat under the heat lamp while the steak cooked.

My steak came out on a sizzling plate as I am told all steaks do and unfortunately it was rare so I reluctantly sent it back. It came back medium still on the hot plate which would have been acceptable but cooked itself to well before I was able to finish it. Possibly why it came rare in the first place but I wasn't advised to let it sit. It's really too bad because the steak had a great flavor.

The other unfortunate issue was the fruit flies buzzing all around us and to add to my dismay a mosquito flew into my glass of wine and took a bath. And there were ants. On the plus side he service was very good as he was attentive to the mishaps but overall another letdown at his restaurant, especially for the price.

Go to the Homestead!

2  Thank steve911S

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Our menu selections were done to perfection, service superb, view spectacular! A perfect evening in a beautiful place.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Simply put...a really special place to spend an evening. My husband and I had heard great things about Ledge Water and wanted to go out for a romantic evening. We loved the decor, the view, the service. Everything from the driveway up the cliff to the very pleasant and helpful hostess, made for a great first impression. The deck is stunning from the view to the table settings to the little fountain. We even loved their choice of music. Our server was pleasant and very attentive. I was surprised at the prices but then realized they came with gourmet sides and a good size salad with all homemade dressings. I was disappointed in their bland and elementary wine list and martini list. I also was disappointed that there was not a vegetarian choice for dinner. But the dessert menu was extensive, taste was amazing and very large portions. All in all a really very pleasant evening.

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Ledge Water Steak House doesn't needed to rely on the view for diners. The view is wonderful, ( try to be there for sunset), the ambience is elegant without being fussy and the food is very good, however pricey. The desserts are house- made and VERY generous. This is typical steak-house fare, main and sides. The quality of the steaks is excellent and the chef cooked our four steaks exactly as ordered! You will feel very special dining at this special occasion restaurant.

1  Thank kotylane
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We've eaten here for years and loved it, until yesterday (6/8/14). The 1st shock were the prices. Many items were priced 21% up to 58% higher than last year ($46 for the previously $29 rib eye). The Caesar salad was awful and was small. The dressing was very bad and the croutons were tiny cubes of bread from a bag. The French onion soup was pretty bland with the onions just blanched. The broth tasted like chicken broth. The portion was pretty small also. The steaks were average and not cooked to order. My wife ordered the petite filet medium ($28 vs. $19) and it came rare. I ordered the rib eye special ($28) medium rare and it was closer to medium well. It was about a half inch thick and had a lot of fat - not what you'd expect from a pricey steak house. On the plus side, the fries and service were very good, but I would not go back to the Ledge Water.