“Best Toffee Ever”

The Mill Fudge Factory
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Bristol
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Description: Nestled in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire is a quaint, historic 1700’s grist mill overlooking the Newfound River. It’s the home of The Mill Fudge Factory, where we make handcrafted, small batch fudge, all natural ice cream, and delicious café fare. We are family-owned and operated, serving the highest quality fudge and ice cream for over 11 years. Our mission is simple: to make people happy.
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I love the toffee at the Mill Fudge Factory! It is so delicious. I tried it recently and could not wait to order more. I really like toffee and it is one of my favorite sweets to eat; I recently saw some toffee at another store and decided not to buy it since I wanted to wait until I could order more Mill Fudge factory Toffee instead. I will be ordering more online very soon!

There are newer reviews for The Mill Fudge Factory

Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband adores penuche fudge so for Christmas I decided to purchase some for him. I read about the 10 best places to buy fudge in the U.S., according to the magazine put out by Paula Deen, and this place was the nearest to Maine (where we live). I purchased penuche fudge, another kind of fudge, chocolate covered toffee, and truffles. Because of a promotion, I also received one half-pound fudge free. They asked what color bow I wanted so I said green. The package arrived when I asked for it and the presentation was fabulous. The five boxes were well labelled, covered w/handsome green bows, and did not need further Christmas wrapping. I just put them in a colorful bag. After trying the penuche fudge, both my husband & I believe it is the best we have ever tasted! Also, the toffee is the very best!We are savoring each edible offering for as long as we can but it won't last because it is simply too delicious! We highly recommend this place for its extraordinary fudge, toffee, truffles, etc. The great quality of the sweets is only matched by the excellent presentation...something like a little bit of heaven!!!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I were beyond thrilled. The servings were large, so I may suggest sharing if you want some of their delicious ice cream (which you should definitely get). We had sandwiches and they were phenomenal. All the ice cream is homemade and heaven sent. The fudge is good too. A bonus to their fudge is you can have it shipped home so you do not have to take it on a plane. I must suggest that if you love hot chocolate, such as myself, you MUST get their Belgian Hot Chocolate. I went with the Irish winter because the only way Belgian Hot Chocolate could get any better is with some baileys. Oh I was in paradise drinking this sitting next to my husband over looking the river. Aaahhhh..... I want to go back!

The view of the Newfound River is nice. A LOVED the little sitting area to drink your hot chocolate or coffee drink and enjoy the river. Had the weather been warmer the outdoor areas looked like it would have been a lovely place to enjoy our lunch.

If you are in Bristol, NH you MUST stop by and have lunch or at least treat yourself to their ice cream.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We just had a wonderful experience at this small creative cafe, which also has evening entertainment on weekends and is a great spot for an afternoon ice cream and coffee as well.It is set along side the Newfound River which is rushing by just before a tiny dam. My husband had a hot chicken bacon ranch sandwich on an artisanal multi grain bread. It had melted mozzarella on it, and was scrumptious. I had a black bean quesadilla which came with all kinds of crunchy vegetables in the quesadilla and was served with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole on the side. As a treat, we also tried an appetizer size homemade ravioli with tomato basil sauce....just terrific.
We got coffee and tea to go for our leaf peeping tour of NH and they have totally over the top homemade fudge in many flavored including sugar free which is decadent. You can mail order it later if you miss it a lot. I suspect we will:) Since it was a beautiful day, we ate outside and listened to the river as it toppled over rocks! A perfect autumn afternoon!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stopped in in a Friday for some desert and to listen to the open mic. Quaint little place with great ice cream