“Homestead Excellence”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We eat at this restaurant once every summer. The food is excellent and the service if very good. They provide crackers and a dip that is made of cottage cheese (which normally I hate), but it is the best tasting dip ever. We even buys two pints to take home with us back to Rhode Island.

1  Thank scootersmom54

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We Have Been Regular Customers for over 15 Years, always a good meal. After Swimming @ the Lake on the 4th, decided to stop rather than cook. The Service was Horrible, I had to go up to the bar and get my beer. The Place was Dead, only 3 other tables. Our Food came out 45 minutes after our Chowda. The Ribs were So Fatty, I couldn't ear them. I will think twice Before going here again. Eat @ Kathleen Cottage, much better service and the wait staff really enjoy their Jobs.. Shame on You, The Mcdunnnah Family..

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Called ahead for reservations during NH Restaurant Week just a couple of hours before going and got the exact reservation that I requested. Good luck I guess, because the place was very busy when we arrived.

We were seated quickly upon arrival and within 3 or 4 minutes had beverages ordered and on the table. Our waitress was very good and very attentive to our table. In addition to their regular menu, they also had a menu of Restaurant Week specials with fantastic pricing. We ordered from the special menu and pleasantly surprised to find that the meals were NOT smaller-portioned special meals. We got regular-sized meals. The food was plentiful and very good.

I am putting the Homestead on my list of places to visit regularly.

1  Thank NHDave
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Everything has butter, cheese, cream, or some kind of fat. Then again this makes all the food tasty. The drinks are a good pour and fairly priced. The food portions are generous and the food is fairly priced. My only issue is that there is nothing on the menu that is remotely good for you.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Although the food was average, the prices were reasonable. We both chose meals off the special menu but I found my Prime Rib to be just an average piece of meat. My husband's Autumn Chicken was different but tasty. Chocolate Mousse was excellent. On the upside, the service was very friendly and professional.

Been to The Homestead Restaurant & Tavern? Share your experiences!