This is my second trip in 4 years to the Mt Washington - the whole experience feels original and is a great anti-dote to the pre-pack corporate experience that is on offer with a lot of other US chain based resorts.
The completion of the spa and outdoor pool since our last trip is a great addition. We had the same room combination again and it had been nicely spruced up; new decor, fabrics, TV's and bathrooms. I'd say that Omni are working to a definite budget - for example, the old fashioned bath tub had been removed creating a large, modern walk in shower room; dissapointingly though, Omni had just left the old 'over the bath' shower head that was there before - would have been nice had they installed a more sophisticated shower system to fully use the shower room they'd created-we're on holiday and want a bit of pampering!
I'd also say the same re. the main hotel areas - they've been decorated rather than renovated; all very nice and presentable. This hotel must just eat cash up so I'm guessing it will be a long programme of investment that is needed but good to see Omin are getting stuck in.
Food was great in all dining areas (Stickneys was closed for renovations); we ate in the main dining room, the porch area, Fabians and the Bretton Arms and we had very good experiences in all of them. In particular, the rapid and attentive wait service on the porch was consistent throughout our stay.
Both golf courses are in great condition, the canopy tour is great fun (exceptional staff attitude), the fitness equipment is state of the art, the outdoor pool and bbq combo is fab - gardens are pristine.
Service in the main was very good; friendly, attentive and genuine. I like the mix of nationalities in the staff - they all seem to try that bit harder.
A few little changes could improve the guest experience even more:
1) In room bar would be a nice convenience; room service were helpful but its a fuss to get them to come up with a couple of cokes and wait half an hour.
2) Sun bed mattresses and more parasols for the pool please; the sun beds aren't the comfiest and not enough umbrella's. Maybe worth having attendants to help guests in the summer?
3) First impressions; the greeting from reception on arrival was a missed opportunity. They weren't busy but the luke warm and cursory greeting received just prior to our spending $10,000 with Omni wasn't great. A smile, a 'welcome back' would have been nice? We didn't realise we were booked under the modified american plan until half way through our stay - why couldn't the receptionist have taken time to just take us through our booking?
Having just come from the Weqausset Resort in Chatham, Cape Cod its a sharp contrast - all staff there are clearly drilled on actually seeking out from guests if they can in any way be of help and it would be nice to see Mf Washington staff make a step up.
I'm only saying all this because I intend on coming back here many times in the future so the better it gets the happier I'll be! This is definelty one of my favourite places to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The four-diamond Omni Mount Washington Resort in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire offers a year-round escape just 2½ hours from Boston in NH’s majestic White Mountains! Enjoy a full-service spa, year-round canopy tour, alpine and nordic skiing at Bretton Woods, the 18-hole restored Donald Ross golf course and a wealth of indoor and outdoor pastimes. Come discover our recent $60 million renovation, fine and casual dining, endless recreational pursuits and breathtaking scenery. Grand Hotel, cozy Inn, modern Lodge and convenient Townhomes available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Omni Hotels & Resorts, HotelsforEveryone, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Omni Mount Washington Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Mount Washington Hotel Bretton Woods
- Mt Washington Hotel Nh
- Hotel Mount Washington