4,282 results
All reviews the main dining room beautiful hotel mount washington resort golf course presidential range outdoor pool resort fee step back in time zip lining hotel tour sleigh ride horseback riding bretton arms cog railway get away canopy tour the main hotel
Reviewed September 26, 2011

The quality of the hotel facilities and location superb.Food excellent. Service by well trained staff unbeatable anywhere.Can't wait to return. Pity about the Atlantic - we would return more frequently were it not in the way!

Room tip: Cheaper rooms are adequate but ours at the back was noisy in rain and wind and next to a lift. On 4th floor.Will upgrade next time!
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I'm not sure if words can adequately describe how much we loved our stay at the resort. We stayed four nights and the experience was magnificent. In fact, we originally booked a two night stay then planned to explore other parts of New Hampshire. But after the first night we knew this was the perfect place for us so we extended our stay. We ended up staying here for our entire vacation!! And to be honest, it was hard to leave.

For starters, the Resort is absolutely beautiful. It has everything you need. We spent our days hiking then came back to enjoy the spa, cocktails on the veranda and fabulous dining. The wine list is spectacular and we loved the complimentary tray of cheese, olives and nuts served on the veranda. Very tasty! And the views are magnificient!!

The service is exceptional and the staff are very friendly and helpful. And every morning there was someone at the concierge desk that was the 'in house' hiking specialist. He gave us great information to help us plan our hikes.

The spa is amazing!! I can't say enough about the spa staff. They make you feel welcome and comfortable the minute you arrive. Every detail is taken care of. And their line of spa products smell incredible!! So glad I purchased some to take home.

I really can't say enough about the Mount Washington Resort. This truly is a special place for us. We had plans to travel elsewhere next year but after this stay, we will be returning to the Resort for our next vacation. I miss it already and can't wait to go back!!!!

Reviewed September 21, 2011

The hotel is gorgeous. Set against the backdrop of the White Mountains, and Mount Washington standing above everything. You cannot find a more beautiful place to spend a few days. My fiance and I did the Canopy Tour at Bretton Woods adventure center, which was exhilarating and then spent a night at the Mount Washington Resort. The stay was very nice, and the hotel is very elegant with a lot of friendly staff. I have two complaints, painfully slow internet, and one rude and inappropriate bartender in a resort bar. Everyone else was more than helpful and accommodating.

We did not get a chance to visit the resort spa and pool but they are beautiful and next time we will definitely schedule an appointment.

Room tip: Definitely want a room facing Mount Washington
1  Thank luvbug1011
Reviewed September 20, 2011

All ages in my family just adore this beautiful place. We don't have to spend a fortune to have a pampered, fun, festive stay. Omni keeps us updated on good deals via email and we usually grab an off-season deal. But this year we made our trip during the busy Labor Day weekend. They were packed, with about five weddings going on. Although the resort favored the weddings (ie: the evening fire pit was only open to wedding guests one night) we still had fun. We love visiting the outdoor pool and the adjacent outdoor barbecue & bar is so convient. But the so-called heated outdoor pool was chilly and we watched many guests trek down and then leave for the warmer indoor pool (which would be nice after dinner if it was open later than 10pm). Also, the hiking path behind the hotel is great, but experienced damage from hurricane Irene and is in need of some repairs. Also, some guests told us the spa was completely booked as were some restaurants.
We like going to resort activities and games posted in the daily resort flyer "The Bugle". Although for some reason, several of the advertised activities were cancelled or moved with no further notice. A call to the concierge got an answering machine. We did catch the really fun evening story-telling with Simon, a wonderful addition for kids before bedtime.
Across the street is a chair lift to the Top of the Quad for breathtaking views for just $10. (Whereas the Cog Railway charges a fortune for similar views). We loved the pub at the top and there was excellent service there with lunch and drinks.

Date of stay: August 2011
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank NorthByNorthwestNh
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Arrived yesterday before lunch. And here through tomorrow. Most write their reviews after but I wanted to jot thoughts down before. I'll write another review when I return home. This was not my first trip to bretton woods. Came here a few times as a child and once even left with a broken ankle after being tossed off a horse. The resort is as majestic as I remembered. When I heard about the enormous renovation that it underwent, I was afraid it might have lost it's appeal and become modernized like city hotels often are. Thankfully, omni was highly respectful of mount washingtons unique history during its 50 million renovation. Although, there is new carpeting, wallpaper, bathrooms, buildings, spas, it still has that most wonderful historic feel to it. Customer service has been fabulous so far. From the front desk to, to our stone massage, lunch at stickneys. Everyone has been accommodating above and beyond their call of duty. One moment last was especially impressive when I went over to the rosebrook bar to pick up drinks and cheese/nut platter to take outside on to the porch (which has gorgeous views of mt. Washington, cog railroad etc.). Normally the bar caters to those on the porch but it was about 7 pm and chilly. Once I placed my order, surprisingly, the bartender took the two drinks and cheese platter out to the porch for me. It wasn't his job to do that. And once he was outside, he saw that my husband was struggling to get a connection for our ipads. He went back in, to
the front desk to ask how he could help us. He found us again a few minutes later when we moved inside in front of one of many fireplaces to explain the wireless connection. That was most definitely above his call of duty and most appreciated by people like us who don't vacation away from our children often ( our second in the last ten years). We are off now to enjoy breakfast at the carriage house followed by a zip line tour above the canopies. Don't pass this wonderful place by if you are ever in the white mountain region.

1  Thank megan_baker