“Not many choices in Bretton Woods”

Fabyan's Station Restaurant and Lounge
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: When most visitors traveled by train, this was the stop for those venturing into New Hampshire's magnificent Crawford Notch. One of the original railroad stations, restored and converted to a restaurant and lounge, Fabyan's is located across from the Bretton Woods alpine area and less than a mile from the Omni Mount Washington Hotel. The restaurant serves lunch and dinner year round. The Fabyan's menu is casual and family-friendly, and includes typical pub menu items, including delicious burgers, as well as soups, salads and other entrées. A children's menu is available and be sure to have the staff send the model train through the dining room for your kids!
Reviewed January 27, 2011

There aren't many choices if you're going to eat out in Bretton Woods. There are the restaurants at the Mount Washington (pricey but very good), the ski area food (lots of fried food and only available during the day) and Fabyans. Otherwise you need to go through the notch or up to Whitefield, or over to Bethlehem. Fabyans is spare, casual, with the large guage train running across the ceiling. The food is adequately prepared and basic, pasta, chicken, burgers. The lighting is bright and the bar is sports oriented. There were lots of families when we were there and one table they offered us had two little kids poking their heads through a "window". Not exactly intimate. I recommend mainly because there's not much else.

There are newer reviews for Fabyan's Station Restaurant and Lounge

Reviewed December 28, 2010

I came here about 3 years ago with my family and did not have a good experience. HOWEVER, tonight I came with my family and it was a fantastic experience. They have a brand new menu (only a week old!) and it is great. I had the tomato soup, and Asian fried shrimp salad- both of which were fantastic! I came with a party of nine, and all of us were very happy with our dinner. The mashed potatoes were excellent as well!

Reviewed November 23, 2010

Just gotta say.. As much as I love this place..

The Boot Strap was the greatest roast beef sandwich ever created and I wish it would return to the menu.

Always great food and friendly staff. They take great care of the snowmobilers and skiers!

Reviewed October 25, 2010

Fabyan's used to be mine and my husbands favorite place to dine while visiting the White Mountains. We went there on our honeymoon and few times, anniversary and even Christmas so it had a special place in our hearts, however, they recently 'updated' it and it's completely ruined! Seems as though they changed to try and accommodate more of a touristy/general crowd. Everything on their menu now is just generic, things i can get anywhere, and not that good. Our favorites, like the "Cuban Sandwich" and the soup in bread bowls, they no longer have. Even our favorite waiters/waitresses are gone! Sadly we will not be going back.

Reviewed October 14, 2010

This is the closest restaurant to the Mt. Washington Cog Railway and we were hungry. We didn't expect much, but it turned out to be very good. I had a steak salad. Very fresh greens, nicely cooked steak, excellent lime-ginger vinaigrette. The fries are terrific. Husband had a really good turkey sandwich on great whole wheat bread. Again - everything very fresh. Warning - quantities are abundant. In-laws had the grilled ham-and-cheese on an excellent tomato bread. Also very enjoyable. Waitstaff was very pleasant and friendly. Very good value.
Apparently owned by the Mt. Washington Inn and the professional standards of the Inn are evident.