“Delightful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bretton Arms Dining Room

Bretton Arms Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Bretton Arms Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newton, Massachusetts
“Delightful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We've visited Mount Washington many times but this was the first trip where we decided to venture over to Bretton Arms for dinner. We enjoyed it so much, we returned for dinner the following night and breakfast the day after. The dining room is warm but updated without any of the mothball-y floral chintz one might expect in an inn. Service was very good. Reservations are a must-have over the weekend but we were happy eating at the bar one of the nights. Some particular favorites; the gnocchi were fabulous, short rib sliders out of this world and there's a "cheesecake" on the dessert menu that is grossly short-sold in being so named. Amazing baklava-like crust and a not-overly-dense filling.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Edgingin

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great breakfasts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Ate here twice for breakfast (a bit too formal for dinner with kids). Between the four of us we tried most options and everything was excellent! Lump crab hash had serious crab meat and the frittatas are excellent but a bit large for one person. Little shots of fruit smoothies to close the meal was a nice touch! Great service and reasonable prices for the quality and location (not cheap but did feel gauged).

Visited August 2013
1 Thank KRBBoston
North Haven, CT
“Couldn't ask for better service! Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We love spending time in the White Mountains but have found that good restaurants are few and far between. This was our first trip to the Bretton Arms and we were not disappointed. The service was exceptional! Robert, our waiter, was very attentive and when my wife explained that she had some food allergies, the chef came out to our table to get the details so there wouldn't any problems. I can't comment on the wine list since we both had mixed drinks, but our dinners were excellent. It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for, so if you're looking for a cheap meal I suggest you go elsewhere. However, if you want high-quality food and excellent service I recomend the Bretton Arms.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank jimbaround02
Amherst, NH
“Best dining at Bretton Woods during summer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Had a delicious meal, service was excellent were seated immediately and our waiter was very attentive. Started with beet/goat cheese salad and a jumbo crab ravioli for apps- both were excellent, the ravioli was a deconstructed version and very tasty. Complementary warm shooters of tomato lobster bisque came out from the chef, very good. Entrees were Arctic Char and Expresso short ribs, both very enjoyable. We did find the wine list overpriced as others have mentioned. My wife had a glass of pinot noir, I had a mixed drink and both were very good.

They have a 'kids' menu, but it is a small portion-size version of the full main menu, if your kid isn't outgoing in their dining experience they will be limited to the one unique kids item- MacNCheese. I wouldn't recommend little kids here, definitely for the mature 10-12yr+ olds willing to try new things.

• Visited August 2013
southern NH
“very overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

The building and general atmosphere are very nice but we got this distinct stuffy feeling from the staff. We arrived early and even tho there were many empty tables, we were 'instructed' to go into the bar. (huh?) Ok no problem. We had a nice martini at the bar. With much flourish, we were told our table was ready. I do love a nice bottle of wine but the prices were probably the highest I've seen, and I have travelled a lot. The bottom price was $60 and I saw a few bottles over $1K. groan! My husband had duck and I had the filet. Yes the filet was very delicious and tender but the side dish was sweet potato fries! comon! No imagination whatsoever for that $1 side dish. For $40 I expected something special. I don't mind paying if it's worth it, but for a total of $186 and not even having wine, it was not worth it. It was probably the worse meal experience we had all weekend.

• Visited May 2013